corner corner Verräter wie wir

Verräter wie wir
by John le Carré | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by murmata of -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on 11/29/2013

status (set by heather): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by murmata from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Friday, November 29, 2013

Für Bookcrossing

Journal Entry 2 by murmata at Flughafen Fern-/ Regionalbahnhof in Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/30/2013 UTC) at Flughafen Fern-/ Regionalbahnhof in Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany

Gute Reise und melde dich mal

Journal Entry 3 by wingheatherwing at Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Catch and Comfort

After having to separate from my son and the small ICN team with whom I was traveling due to an India visa technicality, I was quite distraught. Sleep-deprived, riddled with mosquito bites and somewhat ill from the last 11 days in Liberia, I booted up to figure out a plan for the next 4 days until I could get to an Embassy.

Moem, BookCrossing's European Supply Store Director, kindly offered to put me up and I barreled across Frankfurt airport to catch the train. In a unfamiliar country, exhausted from 20+ hours of travel with a "take-you-out-at the knees" complication that resulted in the separation of mother and son, I was a punch-drunk blubbering wet rag.

As I poured myself on the platform in wait, what did I see on the bench next to me? A book with a very familiar sticker on it!. Like the hand of God reaching down through the heavens this particular book release was a buoy a sea of turmoil. I scurried around the platform benches like a chased mouse grabbing every book I could find - as if they were love letters written just for me. I didn't seem to care that the books were written in German and I couldn't understand a thing, I hoarded them just the same. Thank you murmata; your BookCrossing love sure found its way directly home in a most timely and much needed manner! And just for the record, I originally snapped up all three remaining books, but in a pang of guilt for being greedy, I put one one of them back.

This catch note is duplicated in the other caught book

Journal Entry 4 by wingheatherwing at Emmericher Str. in Kleve, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (12/3/2013 UTC) at Emmericher Str. in Kleve, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Lovingly released at a bus stop