corner corner If On A Winter's Night A Traveller

If On A Winter's Night A Traveller
by Italo Calvino | Literature & Fiction
Registered by prachitulshan of Kolkata, West Bengal India on 11/22/2013

status (set by jeniwren): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by prachitulshan from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Friday, November 22, 2013

'Avant-garde novel by Italo Calvino, published in 1979 as Se una notte d'inverno un viaggiatore. Using shifting structures, a succession of tales, and different points of view, the book probes the nature of change and chance and the interdependence of fiction and reality. The novel, which is nonlinear, begins with a man discovering that the copy of a novel he has recently purchased is defective, a Polish novel having been bound within its pages. He returns to the bookshop the following day and meets a young woman who is on an identical mission. They both profess a preference for the Polish novel. Interposed between the chapters in which the two strangers attempt to authenticate their texts are 10 excerpts that parody genres of contemporary world fiction, such as the Latin-American novel and the political novel of eastern Europe.'
-- The Merriam-Webster Encyclopedia of Literature

Journal Entry 2 by prachitulshan at the RABCK game, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 29, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (11/27/2013 UTC) at the RABCK game, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Diane-Fraser in the 'Indian Surprise' package as part of the RABCK game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thank you soooo much - this book looks really interesting I will try to keep it at the top of Mount TBR. Really enjoyed your game :)

ETA: reserved for alexotanil - shrinking vbb - round 9

Journal Entry 4 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, April 17, 2017

What an interesting and unusual read.

I see my intention to leave at the top of mount tbr didn't work out as planned! ;-)

It got there in front of all the 2012 books I have on my shelf and is now ready to pass on .

Journal Entry 5 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Unable to pass on as planned due to a bereavement no longer able to attend Oslo Convention :'(

Will get posted asap

Journal Entry 6 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, May 01, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/30/2017 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posting to alexoantil☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 7 by alexotanil at Pallini, Attica Greece on Saturday, May 20, 2017

Thanks so much for this book! All my friends insisted it's awesome and I should read it so I am really excited!

Such a shame you didn't make it to Oslo :'(

Journal Entry 8 by alexotanil at By Post in Pallini, Attica Greece on Friday, September 22, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (9/25/2017 UTC) at By Post in Pallini, Attica Greece

I got the Greek edition as a present so I am sending this copy to Lamilla as part of the HGG! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, January 19, 2018

Is going to jeniwren next

Journal Entry 11 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, January 19, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (1/20/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

I have a version in Italian in my possession, so this one is travelling further

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 12 by jeniwren at Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Friday, February 02, 2018

Received as a wishlist tag. Thankyou so much for the lovely card and bookmark. I appreciate the stamps on the parcel too :)