corner corner Claudia and the Bad Joke (The Baby-sitters club #19)

Claudia and the Bad Joke (The Baby-sitters club #19)
by Ann M. Martin | Teens
Registered by HI77 of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 11/17/2013

status (set by Megi53): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by HI77 from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, November 17, 2013

A girl who doesn't

paint her face,
but wears the jesters hat.

Journal Entry 2 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (11/26/2013 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book has pulled on a festive hat and its winter books to leap into your waiting arms for the Holiday Gift Giving celebration! :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

May this shine as brightly as a thousand strands of Christmas lights down Times Square, to put a jingle in your step and light up the time through out December! :D

Journal Entry 3 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Thursday, December 26, 2013

I haven't ever read this one. Really looking forward to it -- gotta love Claudia!

Journal Entry 4 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 22, 2015

I woke up extra-early this morning just to finish the book.

My favorite part was when Mallory went to baby-sit Betsy and they started reciting poetry. You just don't find such intellectual, savvy plot points in most of today's elementary-age books. Every time I read an Ann M. Martin book from the 1980s, I'm reminded of how exacting publishers and editors used to be and how lax they are now.

But I digress ... it was also interesting reading about how Claudia's broken leg was treated; and Kristy's psychological theories about why Claudia wanted to quit the Baby-Sitters Club.

Thanks so much for sending this to me ::gasp:: two years ago.

I'll put it in my elementary school's Little Free Library. You never know when you might hear from it again.

Journal Entry 5 by Megi53 at Little Free Library - Books for Bulldogs in Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (2/20/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library - Books for Bulldogs in Danville, Virginia USA

Oops, forgot to make release notes back in 2015. I know one of the students took it, though.