corner corner The Memory Game

The Memory Game
by Nicci French | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingAylaMeywing of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on 11/15/2013

status (set by AylaMey): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAylaMeywing from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, November 15, 2013

Hello dear finder of this book,

I hope you'll like the idea and practice of Book Crossing. I also hope you’ll make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free and spam-free!) If you do choose to join, you can choose to use me, AylaMey, as your referring member so I'll know that I've made someone enthusiastic about Book Crossing.

Feel free to take the time and read this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels. You'll be alerted by an email each time someone makes another journal entry.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAylaMeywing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, November 15, 2013

When a skeleton is unearthed in the Martellos' garden, others rattle ominously in their cupboards. For the bones belong to their teenage daughter Natalie, who went missing twenty-five years ago, and the murderer must be very close to home...
Does Natalie's childhood friend Jane - now divorcing her brother - hold the key to the mystery? And are all their memories of a golden girl at the heart of an idyllic extended family false?

Journal Entry 3 by wingAylaMeywing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, November 15, 2013

My very first Nicci french Book.

It was an enjoyable read. I could recognize the characters described. Jane annoyed me a bit with her cigarette-fetish. At the end (maybe a woman thing, I liked him...) I was sorry that Alex was suddenly discarded as a mistake and pushed aside. This transition was to sudden. He seemed completely reliable and just before the end regarded as incredible. Finally, the underlying feeling that there was something very wrong with the recovered memory of Jane and especially with the seemingly happy family life of the Martello family proved correct. It was a very nice twist.

Reserved for motherof11

Journal Entry 4 by wingAylaMeywing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/4/2014 UTC) at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands

Op weg naar een nieuwe lezer!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmotherof11wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, March 07, 2014

The book arrived safely. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmotherof11wing at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, March 13, 2014

A really wonderful story! Thanks for sharing this with me, AylaMey!

Journal Entry 7 by wingmotherof11wing at Zogafrou, Thessaloniki Greece on Monday, March 17, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/18/2014 UTC) at Zogafrou, Thessaloniki Greece

This wishlist book goes to feltre.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by feltre at Zografou, Attica Greece on Friday, March 21, 2014

Thank you motherof11 for sending me this book.

Journal Entry 9 by feltre at Zografou, Attica Greece on Friday, May 16, 2014

A very nice psychological thriller with clever twists. I loved it.

Journal Entry 10 by feltre at Zografou, Attica Greece on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/4/2014 UTC) at Zografou, Attica Greece

Sent as a surprise to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 11 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thank you so much for the surprise feltre ! Nicci French is (are) one of my favorite author(s).

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I guessed where was the trick but not the final twist.
I definitely like the Nicci French psychological writing.

Journal Entry 13 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/24/2014 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

The book continues its trip as a surprise wishlist book for another bookcrosser somewhere in the world.

Journal Entry 14 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, July 07, 2014

wow! what a surprise!
thanks for the book :) Merci!

Journal Entry 15 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, December 01, 2014

I don’t know exactly what to think of this novel. One thing though, it was a bit long, in the sense it took a long time to get into the story, and even when it happened, it felt a bit artificial, like the author wanted to create a certain atmosphere but didn’t quite get there. I read some of the novels by the same author a few years ago and I think I know why I had stopped reading them: they get too complicated for no reason, and I find out they are authors that are far better in creating a psychological thriller or crime novel. So, I guess I’ll take another pause from reading this author… even if the writing was okay in this one.

Journal Entry 16 by wingcarelaisawing at Oppem's Birthday RABCK group, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/10/2015 UTC) at Oppem's Birthday RABCK group, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent as part of the Oppem's 2015 b-day.

Hope everthing will be liked!

Journal Entry 17 by Abi-Gibby at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Thank you for this book the tea bags and the magnetic bookmark

Journal Entry 18 by Abi-Gibby at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, October 05, 2015

I very much enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed all the twists and turns in the story. I also thought the book was very well written and was a very original idea :)

This book will be going to one of the winners of my Halloween RABCK. it will be inside a little goodie bag.

Journal Entry 19 by Abi-Gibby at HALLOWEEN RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 05, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (10/9/2015 UTC) at HALLOWEEN RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 20 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, October 29, 2015

Well, that's nice, a book that has been all over the world. I might have read this book once, but I can't remember that, so I'll just give it another read! Thank you Abi-Gibby!

Journal Entry 21 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, September 11, 2016

I'm going to be realistic and say that I'm not going read this book. I will put it in a bag for the Castricum-meeting.

Journal Entry 22 by wingAylaMeywing at Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, July 03, 2017

This was one of many books that was still on the table after the annual meeting in Castricum. I have taken a lot of leftover English books home with me to be placed on one of the many bookshelves of the free Bookspot in Utrecht. It is a hotspot for (also foreign) booklovers and chances are these books can travel internationally.

Journal Entry 23 by wingAylaMeywing at Boekspot Hoog Catharijne in Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (7/5/2017 UTC) at Boekspot Hoog Catharijne in Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands

On the bookshelf. Safe journey!