corner corner The Lemonade War

by Jacqueline Davies | Children's Books
Registered by ghir of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 11/11/2013

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ghir from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, November 11, 2013

A disagreement between a brother and sister, fuelled by each one's own insecurities, leads to the declaration of a war to see who can earn the most selling lemonade in the final days of summer.

To TOC, 11/16/13.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, November 17, 2013

2012 Nēnē Award winner.

Yet another wishlist book from ghir (part-time book fairy) - thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, December 20, 2013

A fun read. I never had a lemonade war with my brother, but I'm sure having him skip into my grade would have been awkward for both of us. (Thankfully it was never an issue since he was three years behind me in school.)

I had two high school classmates who were sisters (not twins); I suspect that they made a point of not hanging out together in school and since I didn't know them well I didn't realize until much later that they were related (very common surname). I think one of them may have been held back in an earlier grade due to a late-in-the-year birthday.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Barnes & Noble - Kahala Mall in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/1/2014 UTC) at Barnes & Noble - Kahala Mall in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left on a bench outside Barnes & Noble.

Released for Secretariat's 2013 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 52) and DragonGoddess's What's In A Name Challenge, and my D for December challenge.

(Larger photo here.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for finding this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)