corner corner Relics

Relics
by Pip Vaughan-Hughes | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingTaryawing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 10/30/2013

status (set by raeliz64): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

England, 1235. Brother Petroc is living a simple life as a novice, struggling to keep his soul fairly clean and worrying about resisting the local girls. Then one evening he stumbles into a vicious trap - and finds himself on the run, framed by a sinister Templar knight for murder and theft. When his best friend is killed by the knight, Petroc's flight becomes a quest for restitution.

Trusting his fate to an enigmatic relic-hunter, Petroc is determined to get revenge on the man who wrecked his life - and in the process, discovers his own fate is linked to that of a priceless relic...

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Reserved for Soozreader :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (11/15/2013 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This book travels now to Joensuu :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thank you very much for this book! I look forward to reading it:)

Journal Entry 5 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Sunday, June 17, 2018

Throughout this book I was waiting to get hooked by the story but it just did not happen... So I guess this just wasn't my cup of tea after all.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/19/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to the next reader as a part of the wishlist tag game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 23, 2018

Journal Entry 8 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 28, 2018

It always surprises me how much I learn from reading, even an easy crime novel. We've touched on Iceland, Greenland, Bordeaux and Greek Islands in the 13th Century and it seems well researched and presented. Overall I found Relics to be a pleasant introduction to Pip Vaughan-Hughes work.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCross-patchwing at Peppercorns OBCZ in Anstey, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Released 2 days ago (7/17/2018 11:00 AM UTC) at Peppercorns OBCZ in Anstey, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Mini meet for coffee and lunch and to leave a few books.

Journal Entry 10 by wingraeliz64wing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Picked up over lunch.