corner corner All My Friends Are Dead

All My Friends Are Dead
by Avery Monsen, Jory John | Humor
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/23/2013

status (set by Xarodoc): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, October 28, 2013

Received a copy of this as a gift (thank you labmomnm!) and enjoyed it so much I had to get another to share.

Here's the official website: http://www.nomorefriends.net

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, March 21, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/21/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

One sad dinosaur off to see the world. First stop: Australia!

Released for Secretariat's 2014 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 11) and Secretariat's Oh, the Places We Can Go challenge.

==

These are pretty much my standard bookring/ray instructions:

1. Make a quick journal entry when you receive the book so we know it got to you safely.

2. VOLUNTARY - let's see if anyone reads this part! ;) If you're willing, please PM hyphen8 for my address and send me a postcard with some interesting stamps on it for my mom the stamp collector, especially if you're not in the US. [THANK YOU to those of you who have sent postcards!!!]

3. Read and send on within 1 month - or make a journal entry to let us know how it's going if you need to keep the book longer. I realize that sometimes life gets in the way of BookCrossing, but please keep us posted on what's happening.

4. Make a journal entry when you've finished - tell us what you thought!

5. Check back here to make sure the mailing order hasn't changed, then PM the next person in line for an address. Even if you've mailed something to that person before, please double-check their mailing info and make sure they're still interested and able to participate.

6. Use whatever shipping method works best for you; if you have a surface mail option, that's fine. If you're able to use delivery confirmation/tracking that's always nice.

Current order (subject to change):
*PLEASE* check before sending to the next person!

Billbooks (Australia; international ok)
{{{ various bookcrossers at the Melbourne convention?? }}}
imawinn2 (US; US preferred)

If you'd like to join in, please post in the forum thread and send me a PM with your location and mailing preferences.

Last spotted bouncing around somewhere in Calgary...

The lonely dinosaur has made it all the way to Finland..and then visited the convention in Norway.

Journal Entry 3 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 04, 2014

Book here sweet little read.

Journal Entry 4 by cat207 at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cute little book.

Journal Entry 5 by SforSuperman at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 12, 2014

I'll be there one day, but not soon - nice.

Journal Entry 6 by wingawaywithfairieswing at Carlton, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Read at pre-dinner drinks at DiMattina's.

Journal Entry 7 by skyring at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, April 12, 2014

All my books are read.

I loved this book! Near killed myself laughing.

Journal Entry 8 by k-j-h at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Depressing.

Journal Entry 9 by kiwiinengland at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 12, 2014

This book was really funny, all you need is friend.....ship! *snort*

Journal Entry 10 by winggoldenwattlewing at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, April 13, 2014

I read this at the 2014 Melbourne Bookcrossing Convention. Very funny; I enjoyed it a lot.

Journal Entry 11 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Saturday, May 31, 2014

This book did the rounds at the convention here in Melbourne not everyone recording the read which is a shame. Anyway time to move it on to the next reader and I hope they will enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 12 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Friday, June 20, 2014

Now off to the USA after providing plenty of entertainment here

Journal Entry 13 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Friday, July 04, 2014

This book arrived in the mail, yesterday. I no sooner had it out of the package when my college aged daughter grabbed it and excitedly told me that she has been wanting to read this for a long time. So... guess I will be handing All My Friends Are Dead over to her after I'm finished reading it. :-)

Journal Entry 14 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Friday, August 08, 2014

I took this book on our two week vacation and only now am I able to enter a journal entry. We were hiding out in the willy wags of northern Wisconsin where internet service was not too good. Anyway.... I found this book Hilarious! Takes about a minute to read. It is a funny look at mortality in a twisted sort of way. I love the two pages with the Grim Reaper. LOL!!

Thanks for sharing this with us hyphen8. It has been making the rounds in my family and I've read it several times already. I'm assuming this was a book ray. If not, let me know. Otherwise I will hang onto it until I find a perfect journey for it.

Journal Entry 15 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (8/19/2014 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

I'm sending this off to my BC and FB buddy, Herchelle. Hope she likes the peas and giggles I'm sending her way. What started out as a mere exchange of books grew into many moments of sharing garden adventures, smiles and laughs. Hugs!

Journal Entry 16 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What a wonderful surprise to come home to after camping! Do you know how hard it is to not rip open packages first but knowing that I have to get the perishables out of the trailer/caravan first?! Then my husband needed to do his precision parking of the trailer in the back yard! Sometimes his priorities and mine are just not in sync!
Thank you so much for this great little book, it is also making the rounds in my family then it will go to the next Calgary Bookcrossers meetup.
My dear BC & FB buddy, I can't wait for Spring to plant these Peas!
THANK YOU!
hyphen8, I will look to see if I still have your address for that postcard!
😊

SQUIRREL!

Journal Entry 17 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 31, 2014

I just love this little book!! Everytime I read it, and that has been a few times since I opened imawinn's package (many thanks again, there buddy!) , it is like reading it for the first time, and everything makes me laugh again.
Thank you to everyone in the chain of Bookcrossers who brought this gem into my hands!!

Journal Entry 18 by wingherchellewing at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/13/2014 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the next Calgary Bookcrossing meetup, enjoy!

Journal Entry 19 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing October meet-up. This book looks so cute.

Journal Entry 20 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 08, 2014

What a cute little book. Good for a laugh if you're feeling down.

Journal Entry 21 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (11/8/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up.

Journal Entry 22 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Picked up at the November meeting.

Journal Entry 23 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (12/13/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meeting! too Cute!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 24 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Brought home from the December meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at Cravings Market Restaurant. Adding to Mnt. TBR.

Journal Entry 25 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/10/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the January meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at Cravings Market Restaurant. I hope this fun book will go home with a new reader!

Journal Entry 26 by hovey at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 10, 2015

picked up at Book Crossing Jan 10/2014 Cravings

Journal Entry 27 by hovey at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 14, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (6/14/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

controlled release

Journal Entry 28 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 11, 2015

A box of 22 books arrived from Hovey, to be returned to the Calgary BookCrossing group.

Thank you.

Journal Entry 29 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 11, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/12/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 30 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 14, 2015

Picked this up at the Calgary December BookCrossing meetup.

Journal Entry 31 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, January 22, 2016

Cute book with just my sense of humor.

Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 32 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, January 22, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (1/21/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this to Crataegus for journaling.

Journal Entry 33 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 12, 2016

This book made it to Joensuu Finland virtually, through Skype storytime with BookyMcBooks. Pretty cute in a morbid and depressing sort of way. My favourite is the chicken.

Booky will bring it back to tomorrow's Bookcrossing meeting in Calgary.

Journal Entry 34 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Picked up at February's meeting. We had 11 BookCrossers attend and WAY too many books! This is being added to my TBR pile but will likely be there awhile as I came home with triple the number of books I brought.

Journal Entry 35 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

This was a very fast read so I took the opportunity to read it right away just so that I could put it back into my book bag for next month's meeting instead of having to make room on my shelf.

Journal Entry 36 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to March's meet up.

Journal Entry 37 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 14, 2016

Well - picked this up at the March meet up at Cravings. Good to see everyone again!

Journal Entry 38 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Funny - there are parts that made me smile more than others - the chicken, sock, end tables you know and others weren't as funny but definitely a cute read.

Journal Entry 39 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 09, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/9/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to the April meetup at Cravings.

Journal Entry 40 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 09, 2016

Safely in my hands

Journal Entry 41 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Cute book! I loved the part about Phil as my husband introduces any friend he has forgotten his name as Phil!

Journal Entry 42 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, April 28, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/28/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our special bookcrossers meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 43 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 13, 2016

This book was handed to me a few months ago (sorry, I neglected to journal it earlier) so that it could be sent to a wonderful bookcrossing group across the pond for new readers to enjoy.

Journal Entry 44 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 13, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (8/13/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

This book is being sent economy - surface international over to Europe, so it might take a while to reach its destination. I hope you enjoy and leave lots of journal entries!

Journal Entry 45 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, September 01, 2016

The book is now here in Helsinki, Finland. Thank you Crataeugus for sending and surprising me with this:):)
I will follow your wishes and let this circulate here in Helsinki around local bookcrossers.
But I will read this first!

Journal Entry 46 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, September 08, 2016

Just an adorable little book! Both funny and sad and so true.

Journal Entry 47 by wingTyrnimarjawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, September 12, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (9/13/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Will be given forward at Helsinki BC Meeting 2016-09-13.

Journal Entry 48 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I read this during our meet-up. Happy travels for this little book!

Journal Entry 49 by Kesis at Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Journal Entry 50 by Kesis at Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 15, 2016

this book was crazy but fun. Such a nice reading material that goes into a panic if you always should speak English.

Journal Entry 51 by Kesis at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, November 10, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/10/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Tampereen corssarit ova t olleet kiinnostuneita näistä kuulemani mukaan ja flower tarjoutui kuriiriksi joten pääsevätkin jo nyt sinne kierrätettäväksi ja luettavaksi.

Osallistun vapautuksella chanian vapautushaasteeseen

Journal Entry 52 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, December 14, 2016

And now it's here in Tampere! Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

Journal Entry 53 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, April 21, 2017

Funny little book :D With a sad undertone and cute illustration

Journal Entry 54 by wingsakirmowing at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

On to the next reader

Journal Entry 55 by sumako at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

Good!!!

Journal Entry 56 by lii5a at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 21, 2017

Funny and sad and weird.
I read this on the BC convention in Oslo.

Journal Entry 57 by wingApoloniaXwing at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, April 23, 2017

Great book, read it at the Oslo Convention.

Journal Entry 58 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Thursday, April 27, 2017

Sorglig och samtidigt mycket rolig! I read it at the Oslo Convention.

Journal Entry 59 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 29, 2017

Picked this up at the 2017 BookCrossing Convention in Oslo, Norway. (And put it back, of course!) I'm a little surprised I hadn't read this before, since I first came across it some years ago.

Caustically funny. I thought it would be a tiny bit depressing but no, I just laughed. That may make me a terrible person. I'm okay with that.

Journal Entry 60 by Xarodoc at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, May 01, 2017

Didn't they say at the convention that the book should not be picked up???
Anyway, here's my belated journal entry:
Weired, at times funny.