corner corner Requiem for a Mezzo (Daisy Dalrymple)

Requiem for a Mezzo (Daisy Dalrymple)
by Carola Dunn | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingDiane-Fraserwing of Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 10/9/2013

status (set by Appelsiini): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingDiane-Fraserwing from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

With dashing Scotland Yard detective Alec Fletcher at her side, Daisy Dalrymple is enjoying a splendid performance of Verdi's Requiem featuring her neighbour Muriel Westlea's celebrated sister, Bettina. But the show comes to an abrupt end when what emerges from the star's gifted vocal chords literally a dying gasp. Daisy soon learns that doomed diva was notoriously difficult and had more than her share of enemies. There's a philandering tenor, a burly Russian bass and even her own vocal coach husband, with whom she had a turbulent relationship.

Did one of them poison the singer? Or was it someone determined to see that Daisy's investigation ends on as a bitter a note as Bettina's last performance.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/12/2013 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posting for my secret mission. contact Brookler now for yours :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How exciting, thank you! Off to PM Brookler now to find out about my next mission :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, November 30, 2013

This was my second Daisy Dalrymple mystery and quite as enjoyable as the first one. I just love the language :)

Have to get my hands on the other instalments as well!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, December 01, 2013

This is a new series for me. It looks very nice. Thank you for this book, kind Bookcrossers!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, April 01, 2016

This was my first Daisy Dalrymple mystery and I rather enjoyed it. I love these stories where a woman is trespassing social borders when she is valued higher than her companion in the opinion of others.
I must add some books in the series on my wishlist.

This is my # 50 (120) in
"REDUCE MOUNT TBR 2016" Challenge arranged by Dutch-book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 03, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/3/2016 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Miittiin tarjolle, jollei jää matkalle.
Lukuiloa löytäjälle!

This is my # 35 in
"KEEP THEM MOVING 2016" Challenge arranged by Booklady331.

Journal Entry 8 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 03, 2016

I took this from our local meet-up, thanks Annelis for book and company! :)