corner corner French for Cats

French for Cats
by Henri De La Barbe | Humor
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 10/7/2013

status (set by ixion): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, October 07, 2013

great book about cats and their ways, in two languages.

best selection: I like to play with things that are not, strictly speaking, cat toys (illustration of cat on table next to china vase) -- Translated as J'aime jouer avec les choses qui ne sont pas, a proprement parler, des jouets de chats. FACING PAGE: (illustration of pottery shards) Alas, they are not very durable -- Translated as C'est la vie

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, October 07, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/7/2013 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control." -- Paul Auster

It is high time that Melydia, Echo, and Ryo-okhi all learned a little French.

Journal Entry 3 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Finally journaling this. I even read it! It's pretty cute, though I think it'd be even funnier if I actually knew any French whatsoever.

Journal Entry 4 by ixion at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

While short on content, this is a cute little book with a bit of sas from the cat's point of view. I don't know french but generally the translations seem to be real and not fibbed. I especially like the cat not wanting to go to the vet to have his claws ripped out, declawing is horrible.

I haven't decided what to do with this book. If it doesn't go on the next meetup I might bring it to a friends for their kids to look through.

Journal Entry 5 by ixion at Ballston Common Mall - Food Court in Arlington, Virginia USA on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/25/2014 UTC) at Ballston Common Mall - Food Court in Arlington, Virginia USA

Hi! You've picked up a special book. This book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com. Visit my web site and see who has read me and all the interesting places I've been. Leave a message for those who follow and pick up this book after you.

Released at the BC in DC holiday party in Ballston Mall. I don't know who this went home with...