corner corner Rebuilding Coventry

Rebuilding Coventry
by Sue Townsend | Teens
Registered by Joia72 of Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 9/16/2013

status (set by DutchFireBird): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Joia72 from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, September 16, 2013

Sue Townsend, bestselling author of the Adrian Mole series, will have you laughing out loud with Rebuilding Coventry - a satire on modern Britain and the battle of the sexes. 'There are two things that you should know about me immediately: the first is that I am beautiful, the second is that yesterday I killed a man. Both things were accidents ...' When Midlands housewife Coventry Dakin kills her neighbour in a wild bid to prevent him from strangling his wife, she goes on the run. Finding herself alone and friendless in London she tries to lose herself in the city's maze of streets. There, she meets a bewildering cast of eccentric characters. From Professor Willoughby D'Eresby and his perpetually naked wife Letitia to Dodo, a care-in the-community inhabitant of Cardboard City, all of whom contrive to change Coventry in ways she could never have foreseen..

Journal Entry 2 by Joia72 at Bolsward, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, September 16, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/17/2013 UTC) at Bolsward, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Gefeliciteerd met je prijs Angelfrouk, ik hoop dat het boek je bevalt.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAngelFroukwing at Bolsward, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, September 20, 2013

Dank je wel Joia, dit boek lijkt me heel leuk!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAngelFroukwing at BC Meeting 2014 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, June 16, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/6/2014 UTC) at BC Meeting 2014 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Unlike the Adrian Mole book I've read, I enjoyed this book. Coventry is lovely and her adventures made me laugh out loud.

This book will be travelling on from the annual meeting on the beach in Castricum, the Netherlands.

Journal Entry 5 by DutchFireBird at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Veel dank voor het boek. Ben een liefhebber van de boeken van Sue Townsend. Jammer dat ze niet meer leeft.