corner corner Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of Its Own

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Picked up at St. Florian's used book sale in United, Pa., in August 2012.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, January 02, 2016

BINGO! I finished this book in the waning hours of 2015 and completed my full-card quest. I had to cheat a little on this spot because I never have occasion to be on a bus, much less see someone reading on a bus. I even scoured Google's image search to find a photo of someone reading on a bus, but they were mostly reading newspapers. Since this book had "bus" in the subtitle, it's the best I could do.

This was an interesting read—who wouldn't want to take a year off from everything and just travel? I would do it in a heartbeat if I could afford it, and I might even keep up with family and friends via a blog and then turn it into a book like Doreen Orion did. As I stare about my room full of books and tchotchkes, and think of all the other rooms in my house that are full of things I will never use and have no idea from whence they came, I think I could survive with a laptop, a Kindle, and a few changes of clothes. I should keep that in mind the next time I have an urge to shop.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Sheetz on Rte 30 in Irwin, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, February 21, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (2/21/2016 UTC) at Sheetz on Rte 30 in Irwin, Pennsylvania USA

Left on one of the gas pumps at 1:15 p.m. Happy travels!

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.