corner corner The Little Witch

The Little Witch
by Otfried Preußler | Children's Books
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 8/31/2013

status (set by collin26): available

Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Registered as it's one of my favourite books ever.

The little witch is only a hundred and twenty-seven years old. That's not at all old for a witch. She lives in the middle of the wood with Abraxas the raven. But she longs to go to the dance on Brocken mountain on Walpurgis Night with the big witches, and isn't allowed because she's still too small. When she goes anyway and is caught, the big witches say they will give her a test. Will she manage to be a good witch for a whole year?

This edition is for German speakers learning English so has difficult phrases translated. I hope the phrases in bold don't distract too much from the wonderful story.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/3/2013 UTC) at Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent to collin26 as my RABCK for September. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by collin26 at Dasmarinas, Cavite Philippines on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thank you for this book!

---It was really nice. I liked it very much, especially the ending. Really love it!