corner corner A Confusion of Princes. by Garth Nix

A Confusion of Princes. by Garth Nix
by Garth Nix | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Elandria of Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on 8/31/2013

status (set by Urdavik): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Elandria from Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Trained to become a Prince of the Empire, he is faster, stronger and smarter than any ordinary person. Which is just as well. Behind the Empire lies a terrible truth: there are ten million princess, and all of them want each other dead...

18.09.2013: A science fiction / fantasy crossover. I found it a bit of a confusing read at first, because the different kinds of technology used in the story are only being named, not really explained and neither is the setting. Small bits and pieces of the story setting are presented in the first part of the book, but it took me a while to put it all together. Which is why I found the first third of the book a bit tedious. But the rest of it, where some actual character development of the main character takes please, is a catching read, with a happy end.

Journal Entry 2 by Elandria at - Per post of in persoon doorgegeven, Groningen Netherlands on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (4/18/2014 UTC) at - Per post of in persoon doorgegeven, Groningen Netherlands

This book will continue its journey in the 2014 Scifi & Fantasy book box from the Dutch forum.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSmitie1405wing at Hoeven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Thursday, April 17, 2014

I recently finished another book of Garth Nix, namely Sabriel (which is in the bookbox now) and I liked his writing style in that book.

Now I can try out a more science fiction oriented story of this writer. I'm really curious and I will post more when I finish it. Thank you Elandria for sharing this book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSmitie1405wing at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Finished the book today. The start was a bit rough, as the title says it was quite a confusion of princes. If you get past it and Khemri starts to show some character, I got very interseted in the story in a complex SF world. Personally like the Abhorsen series of Garth Nix better, but this was a good read. Thank you elandria for sharing this book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSmitie1405wing at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, December 11, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/11/2015 UTC) at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Dit boek gaat sowieso in the SF/Fantasy doos van Miekster. Waarschijnlijk gaat dit pas in januari mijn deur uit.

Journal Entry 6 by Urdavik at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, January 18, 2016

Een SF van Garth Nix. Daar ben ik wel benieuwd naar.