corner corner Van Dongen - L'homme et l'artiste / La vie et l'oeuvre

Van Dongen - L'homme et l'artiste / La vie et l'oeuvre
by Louis Chaumeil | Arts & Photography
Registered by spy-there of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 8/30/2013

status (set by spy-there): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by spy-there from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, August 30, 2013

This book is on the market for prices between 300 and 1000 €. I didn't know I had such a rarity in my basement - not until the latter was flooded due a broken pipe, and I had to make the list for the insurance :D Of course a drowned Van Dongen is worth zero. Although the book's quality is so good that you still can read it, there merely are blotches everywhere.
I thought I could as well register it for Bookcrossing. After all, it is a rare book and out of print. Maybe there is an art lover somewhere who does not care for looks and preciousness.

Book details: 328 pp. with 90 figs., 175 monochrome illus., & 32 tipped-in color plates, large stout folio, clothed Geneva, Pierre Cailler, 1967. It's a huge and heavy Book, reserved for the Bookcrossing Olympics

Journal Entry 2 by spy-there at Galerie a16, Ausstellungsstr. 16 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/30/2013 UTC) at Galerie a16, Ausstellungsstr. 16 in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

The big book weighs 4070g. There is no heavier book I could find, hence this is Vegania's book for Weightlifting- release the heaviest book.

I carried it to a gallery (which is now called 16b instead of A16).

Dear finder

please write a brief entry, that you have found the book. You can do this anonymous, but it's much more fun for you if you create a Bookcrossing account. You will get then an notification every time when one of "your" books has been found by another reader. And it's still anonymous; Bookcrossing will never publish email adresses.

This book had a drowning accident, I'm sorry about that. But you could still use it for tinkering, as a bookend or ... why not, for weightlifting ;)

thanks for your precious entry
=^,^= spy