corner corner A Skeleton in the Family (A Family Skeleton Mystery #1)

Books: Your new passport

A Skeleton in the Family (A Family Skeleton Mystery #1)
by Leigh Perry | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Stephario of Decatur, Alabama USA on 8/26/2013

status (set by NancyNova): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Stephario from Decatur, Alabama USA on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Most families have skeletons in their closets…

Moving back into her parents’ house with her teenage daughter had not been Georgia Thackery’s “Plan A.” But when she got a job at the local college, it seemed the sensible thing to do. So she settled in and began reconnecting with old friends.

Including Sid. Sid is the Thackery family’s skeleton. He’s lived in the house as long as Georgia can remember, although no one, including Sid, knows exactly where he came from and how he came to be a skeleton.

Sid walks, he talks, he makes bad jokes, he tries to keep Georgia’s dog from considering him a snack. And he manages to persuade Georgia to let him leave the house. But when she takes him to an anime convention—disguised as a skeleton, of course—he sees a woman who triggers memories of his past.

Now he is determined to find out how he died—with Georgia’s help. But their investigation may uncover a killer who’s still alive and well and bad to the bone… --GoodReads.com Book Description

**Reserved for cozy mystery VBB**

Journal Entry 2 by Stephario at Decatur, Alabama USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Now reserved for bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by Stephario at Decatur, Alabama USA on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/10/2014 UTC) at Decatur, Alabama USA

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thanks for sending to me from the Mystery VBB! This looks weird, quirky and fun! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

My Review: This was such a fun book! I've never met a skeleton who talks, but I've also never met a horse who talks either (anyone remember Mr. Ed?). It's a really fun premise in a cozy mystery series. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm going to look for more books in this series.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This book is starting in Round 12 of Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, March 23, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/25/2015 UTC) at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to eponine38 from Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB. I'm so glad this book was chosen, it's quirky and weird, but a fun read. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 8 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, April 24, 2015

Thank you for sending this via bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB. Looks like a good read. [Sorry for the delay in journaling; I was away for two weeks.]

Journal Entry 9 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Loved this! I must admit that it took me a few pages to get used to the idea of Sid the skeleton, but I quickly came to love him and he made me laugh out loud several times. He's a great help with solving mysteries as well, as he doesn't require sleep so can stay up all night working. ;-)

Recommended!

Journal Entry 10 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, April 29, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/29/2016 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to T02S03B11D20. Hope you like Sid as much as I do!

Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Journal Entry 11 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Springport, Michigan USA on Wednesday, May 04, 2016

This just arrived today, thanks for sending it. Sounds like a fun book!

Journal Entry 12 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Springport, Michigan USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A cute book by a new author. I already have the sequels posted to my wish list. I'd like to see what other trouble Sid can get into! Have PMed someone who had this on their list, hoping to move it on.

Journal Entry 13 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, May 13, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (5/13/2016 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Saw that you wanted to read this, so thought I would pass it along. There are two sequels, if you decide you want to read more of the series.

Journal Entry 14 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, May 16, 2016

Thank you so much for this wishlist book. It arrived today. Thanks for being generous.
9/7/16 offered in the ABC VBB. I put it on my short pile to read.

Journal Entry 15 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, January 20, 2017

This is the first in a series by Leigh Perry. I will probably read the others if they fall into my hands.

Georgia Thackery is an adjunct college professor, single mother of a teen daughter, and has just moved back to her parents' house while they are on sabbatical out of the country. Also living in her parents' house is Georgia's best friend, Sid, who happens to be a skeleton. Yes, a skeleton, a living, skeleton who inhabits the attic and sometimes the living room armoire when he needs to eavesdrop. Sid once saved Georgia when she was a child, and has lived with her family ever since. Georgia's sister does not acknowledge Sid. Madison, Georgia's daughter, is unaware he exists.

The story evolves into a search for what happened to cause Sid to become a skeleton found in a traveling carnival. Murder is in the mix, and the killer is still on the loose.

The book was an easy read.

Journal Entry 16 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, January 21, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/21/2017 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM for the ABC bookring.

Journal Entry 17 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, February 05, 2017

Looks cute. Shelving with the mass market size ABC TBRs, to pull to read with a challenge. Thanks.