corner corner Gone

Gone
by Mo Hayder | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by HoserLauren of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 8/26/2013

status (set by HoserLauren): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 26, 2013

Purchased this because I need it for the next in the series.

From Chapters:
When a car is taken by force, with an eleven-year-old girl inside, Detective Jack Caffery knows this is a carjacking unlike any other. Sergeant Flea Marley, head of the Police Underwater Search Unit, has a theory that the car-jacker is far more dangerous than everyone thinks. Soon the perpetrator will choose another car with another child in the back seat'

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 15, 2018

In book 5 of the Detective Jack Caffery/Flea Marley, there's a carjacker on the loose. In the car, there was a little girl and the girl is still missing. Was the criminal after the car or the kid?

Flea is still struggling over covering for her brother killing his girlfriend and her whole team is getting tired of her attitude. Vowing that she's going to change, this case is her first in new mind set. Flea is convinced that the kidnapped girl is in an abandoned tunnel, putting herself and her team in danger. Past books have discussed more the way that Flea's dive team works and how they find clues hidden in the depths of water. There was less of that this book. It was more about Flea's emotional state and trying to bring herself back to normality. I hope next book we get back to more of how she works, but it worked well in this book.

Caffery, on the other hand, has very little character development, which is ok. He's trying to chase down this carjacker/kidnapper and realizes that the criminal may be closer than expected.

I don't mind the Caffery series, but I think Hayder is at her best with some of the more perverse mysteries like Pig Island.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Brickyard Park in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2018

Released 4 days ago (8/12/2018 UTC) at Brickyard Park in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.