corner corner Making Mathematics with Needlework: Ten Papers and Ten Projects

Journal Entry 1 by weiterferne from Houston, Texas USA on Monday, August 26, 2013

An interesting book on mathematical concepts in needlework. I think the concept itself is very cool!

Journal Entry 2 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Saturday, September 07, 2013

I read most parts of the book (not every chapter) and really liked it. Sometimes it takes a needlework example and looks at the mathematics in it (e.g graph theory in embroidery), sometimes it takes a mathematical concept and makes it into needleworks (e.g. hyperbolic pants).

It explains the mathematical concepts well, has some teaching ideas (I wish I had had creative math classes) and also explains the crafting. Loved the book and one day I will make myself a hat from Fortunata's purse :)

Journal Entry 3 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (9/7/2013 UTC) at Houston, Texas USA

Released as a surprise RABCK!

Journal Entry 4 by wingVekikiwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I love it!

I've been flicking through this book all morning, and it's just perfect; the three things I love to do (maths, reading, sewing) all rolled into one!

Journal Entry 5 by wingVekikiwing at Stone, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (5/9/2017 UTC) at Stone, Staffordshire United Kingdom

I'm clearing out my bookshelfs (in preperation for moving house) - and have this to my knitting study buddy during our last revision weekend for our physics degrees :D