corner corner Book, Line, and Sinker (A Library Lover's Mystery)

Book, Line, and Sinker (A Library Lover's Mystery)
by Jenn McKinlay | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 8/16/2013

status (set by erishkigal): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, August 16, 2013

Given to me by a friend for Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (12/17/2013 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Sent off to MA as a belated birthday surprise, because birthdays should last all year!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thank you for this book, quietorchid! It looks like a great read.

As I'd joined a couple holiday exchanges, I held this until today to open, just in case :-). Indeed it's great to extend my birthday -thanks so much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, October 05, 2015

This was a very enjoyable read. It goes beyond the traditional cozy to a plot involving pirate treasure, among other things. I like mysteries where the main character is a librarian, a career that I now think, in late middle-age, I perhaps should have pursued. ;-).

The two recipes included in the back sound delicious--I will have to give them a try before passing the book along!

The plot was interesting with the extra twist of a possible buried treasure on a nearby island, and the salvage company who wants to dig it up. The pros and cons of such a move are treated in an interesting way. It's a dilemma that many cities and towns face, weighing possible future income against disrupting people's lives.

Every (or almost every) cozy mystery seems to require the female sleuth to have two men pursuing her, and this one is no exception. In this case Lindsey has started a relationship with the owner of a boating company, only to have her ex-husband show up in town to try and woo her back. Though this situation is formulaic, I don't tire of it, and enjoy trying to figure out who our heroine will choose. Usually the author leaves us hanging, if a next-in-series is planned.
------------------------------
Reserved for bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB.

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, January 22, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (1/22/2016 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Traveling to JennyC1230 via bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB. Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Thanks for sending from the Mystery VBB. I love this author's cupcake bakery series. This looks like a fun series.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 29, 2016

My Review: I love this author. She writes cozy mysteries that are fun and the main characters are interesting, so you keep reading to see what happens. Lindsey, the library director is a fun character to read about. I have to get the next book from the library to see what happens in: Read it and Weep. The Cupcake Shop mystery series by Jenn McKinlay is also wonderful.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 08, 2017

This book is reserved for the 18th Round of: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (11/8/2017 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Erishkigal from a VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, November 18, 2017

This looks like fun, probably won't wait around too long :)

Btw, I **love** the " better to give than reshelve" label!! I've not seen it before.

Journal Entry 11 by erishkigal at Tumbleweed Coffeehouse and Cafe in Gardiner, Montana USA on Saturday, January 06, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (1/6/2018 UTC) at Tumbleweed Coffeehouse and Cafe in Gardiner, Montana USA

Lunch in this darling little shop.

To the finder of this book~~
Hello and Congratulations :) You have not just found a fun book, you have also found a world-wide group of readers! I hope you’ll spend a little time looking around the site, maybe “meeting” a few of us. And I very much hope you will journal this book~~it’s a great feeling knowing a book we’ ve released has been found! You can journal anonymously if you wish. But if you decide to join, you will also be able to watch the book’s travels😊

Have a great day, I hope you enjoy the book!!