corner corner Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes to Pemberley
by P. D. James | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingLittleSuzwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/1/2013

status (set by LittleSuz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 01, 2013

Given to me by a friend to bookcross

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 17, 2017

Finally got round to reading this. Bit disappointing to be honest though. I did not think that the characters were true to the original Pride and Prejudice. Darcy in particular just didn't work for me. He was far too down to earth and not uptight enough! I suspect that part of the problem is that Austen deliberately wrote from the perspective of her female characters the vast majority of the time, whereas James has large chunks devoted to Darcy's thoughts. That didn't work for me. I don't want my brooding romantic heroes to be so familiar!

The plot was alright, but not great. Overall a very average crime novel I'd say.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 17, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (12/17/2017 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Old Gang meetup

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.