corner corner A Brief History of Time

A Brief History of Time
by Stephen W. Hawking | Science
Registered by mmz18407 of Towson, Maryland USA on 12/14/2003

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by mmz18407 from Towson, Maryland USA on Sunday, December 14, 2003

I have attempted to read this book several times, and have been stymied by the most-readable book on physics/astronomy. I really can't get the theory of relativity. In fact, I frequently have "aha" moments when my son explains his projects for GT science. I guess I'm just a life sciences gal.

And so I am pleased to pass this on to Melydia so that she can cross out one book on her wish list. I send it with wishes for a wonderful Christmas and 2004. And thanks for turning me on to some of great websites listed on her homepage! (I particularly like Engrish, since I was an ESL teacher for many years and taught many Japanese students).

Journal Entry 2 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, January 19, 2004

Got this in the mail from mmz18407 - thanks! :)

Journal Entry 3 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, March 08, 2004

I finally finished this book. It's engaging, witty, and of course fascinating, but all the same I had to read it in spurts. Most of it was not new information, but it helped solidify a lot of concepts in my head through analogies plucked from real life. I'm still a tad shaky on string theory, but I do have a better understanding of black holes than I did before. This is what a layman's science book should be like: no equations or jargon, lots of pictures, and a very friendly narrative tone.

I hope to release this tomorrow night at or near the Bookcrossing meetup in Arlington, VA.

Journal Entry 4 by melydia at Barnes and Noble (Clarendon) in Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Released on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at Barnes and Noble, Clarendon in Arlington, Virginia USA.

I released this around 9pm tonight on a bench out front.

Journal Entry 5 by tashaturtle from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I found the book while picking up a zip car with my boyfriend. It was left on a bench near some shops and the zip car in Arlington, VA.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, March 26, 2007

I found it in the lobby of my condo building.

CAUGHT IN ALEXANDRIA VA USA