corner corner The Little One (Quick Reads)

The Little One (Quick Reads)
by Lynda LaPlante | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by daffodil-2 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 6/29/2013

status (set by earthcaroleanne): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by daffodil-2 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, June 29, 2013

This book was bought from a charity shop. It is a paperback in very good condition.

From the cover:- "Barbara needs a story. A struggling journalist, she tricks her way into the home of former soap star Margaret Reynolds. Desperate for a scoop on the actress and her return to stardom, she finds instead a terrified woman living alone in a creepy manor house....."

REVIEW:- This book is only 124 pages long and I read it in one afternoon. I really enjoyed the story with its twists and turns and found it unusual and well-written. I love Linda La Plante's scripts on tv so was not surprised.

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, July 05, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/3/2013 UTC) at Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to my friend Snoopy56 when we met for coffee this week.

To the finder:-

I already have books travelling in New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, the USA, Brazil, Madeira, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Turkey, the Canary Islands, Croatia, Holland, France, the Channel Islands, Wales, Scotland and all over England.

Journal Entry 3 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Passed on to me by Daffodil-2.

Journal Entry 4 by snoopy56 at Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, September 22, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (9/22/2017 UTC) at Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Going on the book buffet at the 2017 unconvention.

Journal Entry 5 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Picked up from the book buffet.

Journal Entry 6 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 29, 2017

A departure from the usual murders. Interesting enough and well developed in a short story that it kept you moving along wanting to read more. You could say that the journalist Barbara, instead of getting her own way and exploiting a reclusive actress, got her come uppance.