corner corner My Friend Leonard

My Friend Leonard
by James frey | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 6/26/2013

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2005 Riverhead hardcover, with dust jacket, of the pseudo-biographical drug rehab sequel. This was on my list of best modern books to read when I found this copy today in the Maybelle Little Free Library.

I can let this go after I read:
2003 A Million Little Pieces [read 2011]

Edit Novvember 18, 2017: This was more entertaining that I anticipated, because I thought the author had surely tapped out all his story ideas in the first book. But there is quite a lot going on here. And like the first book, it is obvious that much of it is just total fiction and gross exaggeration. But he spins it well. He tends to favor making up dangerous scenes in which he could be killed at any moment. But it is a good read, so just go with it. I currently have this ranked at #737 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Journal Entry 2 by eastbaybookmisr at Little Free Library at 76 Garland Avenue in Oakland, California USA on Sunday, November 19, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (11/19/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library at 76 Garland Avenue in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.