corner corner The Road

The Road
by Cormac McCarthy | Literature & Fiction
Registered by karen07814 of Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on 6/25/2013

status (set by dutch-book): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by karen07814 from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

If you're in Colchester bookcrossers meet up once a month on the third Thursday at 7pm. Venue Fox Pub Layer de la Haye.
No fixed book to read, a pile of books in the middle of the table to choose from to take home. Somebody will have an opinion on any book (if you want the opinion) Feel free to come along or pm me for more details.

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 28, 2013

Thank you for this wishlist book! I was so glad I finally managed to tag someone on the wishlist tag game. I love that this is a world book night edition.

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 27, 2013

I've just sat and read this in a few hours and I'm not sure how to sum up the experience. On one hand, I wasn't bored because I kept reading. However not an awful lot happens in this book. A man and his boy are on a road in an Post-apocalyptic America. They look for food and hide from people. And thats it really. Saying that, I really liked the man and his boy. I didn't want anything bad to happen to them. And the descriptions of the very bleak future were good. It's not a future I'd want to be living in. You don't know why the world is like that which I found furstrating, as far as I could tell there was a big fire and lots of people died. There are some haunting scenes one involving a group of naked, half starved people and another with a dead baby. The ending is sad. So I guess I'm in the middle with this one. It was alright.

Journal Entry 4 by redfox5 at Wishlist Tag Game. , A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/30/2013 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game. , A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

My second tag in the Wishlist Tag game! You'd think with all the books I have that I'd be able to tag more often but this doesn't seem to be the case!

Journal Entry 5 by wingVekikiwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Thankyou! Im taking this with me to real on a long weekend away

Journal Entry 6 by wingVekikiwing at OBCZ Hack42 in Arnhem, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/14/2013 UTC) at OBCZ Hack42 in Arnhem, Gelderland Netherlands

hmm... not sure about this one - there's some interesting stuff and a great atmosphere, but I kind of felt like that was underused

If you found this book, welcome to Bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to keep the book, or pass it on once you've read it - it'd be great if you could let us know that you've got it, and what you plan to do with it (you can remain anonymous if you wish, or sign up for free and become a part of our lovely bookcrossing community). Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by wingMoemwing at Zevenaar, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Found in Hack42. Gets a new chance elsewhere now.

Dit boek krijgt ergens anders een nieuwe kans.

Journal Entry 8 by wingMoemwing at OBCZ 't Hof: Lunch & High Tea in Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/16/2014 UTC) at OBCZ 't Hof: Lunch & High Tea in Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

Op de meeting.
... goede reis, boek! Veel plezier, lezer!

Journal Entry 9 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, March 16, 2014

I believe this book is on the list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, which is why I picked it up from the opening meeting of obczHOFinOSS today. Nice to find a World Book Night Book which has already done some travelling.

UPDATE 6th July 2015:
Sorry there's no review for this. I read it and thought it was amazing. So bleak, so horrific, so many moral decisions to be made. As far as I remember with my faulty memory, the ending was pretty open, but don't quote me on that.

Journal Entry 10 by bookguide at BC Meeting 2015 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 05, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (7/5/2015 UTC) at BC Meeting 2015 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Meegenomen naar de grootste BookCrossing meeting van het jaar, bij Strandpaviljoen Zoomers in Castricum.

This book has been released as part of the following BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - read and release books, with extra points for a monthly theme
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - read and release books on the TBR list since before the end of 2014. My reading goal is 36 books.

Journal Entry 11 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, July 05, 2015

Always good for a reread.