corner corner Life, the Universe and Everything

Life, the Universe and Everything
by Douglas Adams | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Nordpirat of Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on 6/15/2013

status (set by babelfisk): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Nordpirat from Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Saturday, June 15, 2013

The third book in the five-volume Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy science fiction series

The unhappy inhabitants of planet Krikkit are sick of looking at the night sky above their heads--so they plan to destroy it. The universe, that is. Now only five individuals stand between the white killer robots of Krikkit and their goal of total annihilation.
They are Arthur Dent, a mild-mannered space and time traveler, who tries to learn how to fly by throwing himself at the ground and missing; Ford Prefect, his best friend, who decides to go insane to see if he likes it; Slartibartfast, the indomitable vicepresident of the Campaign for Real Time, who travels in a ship powered by irrational behavior; Zaphod Beeblebrox, the two-headed, three-armed ex-head honcho of the Universe; and Trillian, the sexy space cadet who is torn between a persistent Thunder God and a very depressed Beeblebrox.
How will it all end? Will it end? Only this stalwart crew knows as they try to avert "universal" Armageddon and save life as we know it--and don't know it!

Journal Entry 2 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, June 17, 2013

The Hitchhiker's series is among my absolute favourites among books!

Hilarious! Hysterical! And totally different from everything else I've ever read.

It's a story I'm certain I'll want to read again. I have a book where the whole series are collected in to one volume, so this is a double.
So I'm sending it off on a journey across the...universe? :-)

Journal Entry 3 by Nordpirat at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/18/2013 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden

Sending this book to a fellow bookcrosser.
We are team mates in the release challenge called Bookcrossing Olympics (1 june-31 august 2013). One of the events is Rope Climbing where the challenge is to make "a you-themed release.
I thought this could go well with my team mates user name babelfisk (babelfish). :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thanks a lot Nordpirat! I have already red this book so I'll set it free. It will be part of the BC Olympics, Rope Climbing. I just have to figure out where.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbabelfiskwing at Knektaparken, en parkbänk in Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Friday, August 23, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/23/2013 UTC) at Knektaparken, en parkbänk in Jönköping, Småland Sweden

Den ingår i team Valhallas BookCrossing-OS, gren klättra i rep; Släpp en bok som anknyter till dig själv. I boken finns en Babelfisk med.

This is part of team Valhallas BookCrossing Olympics, event rope climbing. There is a Babelfish figuring in the book.