corner corner Forever, Erma: Best-Loved Writing From America's Favorite Humorist

Forever, Erma: Best-Loved Writing From America's Favorite Humorist
by Erma Bombeck | Entertainment
Registered by busybooklover on Friday, December 12, 2003

status (set by cyber-librarian): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by busybooklover on Friday, December 12, 2003

PB- Trade

Journal Entry 2 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Saturday, January 03, 2004

I received this in the mail on 12/29 from busybooklover in CA ... as part of a multi-book trade.

c. 1996 -- 273 pages -- Trade Paperback -- Housewives -- Women -- Humor -- New York Times Bestseller

Back Cover: Readers around the world loved Erma Bombeck and cherished every one of her columns. "Forever, Erma" gives them a classic way to hold on to this most gifted writer. As Phil Donahue said, "We shall never see the likes of her again. She was real and she brought us down to earth -- gently, generously, and with brilliant humor. When the scholars gather hundreds of years from now to learn about us, they can't know it all if they don't read Erma."

This is more than the breezy great read one expects from Erma's work. Its poignancy is even more telling because we know that her voice is now silenced. However, in the pages of this book, readers can delight again in their favorite selection. Erma's first column, "Children Cornering the Coin Market," from January 1965, and her last one, "Let's Face It," from April 1996, are here along with 188 others.

As in the hardcover edition, a tribute chapter has remembrances from some of Erma's family, friends, and colleagues, including Phil Donahue, Art Buchwald, and Ellen Goodman.

... on my TBR pile.