corner corner It's a Little Book

It's a Little Book
by Lane Smith | Entertainment
Registered by wingAnhangwing of Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 6/13/2013

status (set by Anhang): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnhangwing from Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, June 13, 2013

This is a book which has to be read by every bookcrosser all over the world.

It is not a shirt, it is not a shoe, it is a book

it is the follower of Lane Smith best-Seller It's a book.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdugoengchewing at Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, June 14, 2013

I love the German version of this book as it expresses the situation of some very young people today, who don't have any imagination about the excitement a book could give.
(one of the reasons why I am bookcrossing is the point, that I am trying to change this - at least a little bit..Am trying to spread out the passion for reading with every book I release)

Was rather shocked to discover this english version to be soooo different.

the german version says e.g. you can not scroll, you can not blogg, you can not twitter..
while the english says e.g. you can not chew it, can not wear it, can not ride it...

WHY??

Journal Entry 3 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Thanks, a lovely little book, tomorrow I will read it to my grandchild - in a swedish translation....
and then it will travel

Journal Entry 4 by winggreenbadgerwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Children's book about the uses for a book. I think this would be fun to read to a little one as you could do all the actions that the book is being used for.

There are doubtless many children around the world who don't know what a book is but I don't think they will get the chance to see this one either.

Journal Entry 5 by winggreenbadgerwing at Kings Langley, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/4/2013 UTC) at Kings Langley, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Off to Bookworm-lady in Spain. Enjoy!

Travel fast, little book, I hope you win your Olympic event! :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, July 15, 2013

And the book is here, in sunny (and veeery warm) Madrid.
Thanks for all the stickers, and beautiful Manet postcard, Greenbadger; I have already asked for hnance's address, and the little book will be on its way soon. :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, July 22, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/22/2013 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

On its way to Hesiodo66 in Rosario, Argentina (via certified mail).
Safe travel, little book! :)

Journal Entry 8 by hesiodo66 at Rosario, Santa Fe Argentina on Monday, August 05, 2013

I received today, I read it in 5 minutes......and I loved it!!!!!!!

Journal Entry 9 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, August 16, 2013

Just got the little Book by mail. Woah! from Argentina. Thank you hesiodo!
It's cute :) but what shall I do with it now? I'm the last in queue.

Journal Entry 10 by spy-there at to a bookcrosser, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/20/2013 UTC) at to a bookcrosser, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

It's a funny (not so little) book, and I wonder whether little children find it funny too. Will they recognise the bloated monkey or will they think it is a bear or a duck?
One would assume that this kind of abstract cartoons suits more to grown ups. On the other hand, what do I know of toddlers?

The little book travels back to Anhang.

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnhangwing at Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Das Buch ist wieder bei mir eingetroffen
The book is back :-)