corner corner Gone Girl

Gone Girl
by gillian flynn | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BeckyLizz of Tonyrefail, Wales United Kingdom on 5/28/2013

status (set by indiegirl-de): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BeckyLizz from Tonyrefail, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This book loves travelling, just like I do! I would love for this book to be found by a fellow book-lover. I hope it is read, enjoyed, then released so that it can continue on its journey.

Please leave a journal entry if you find this book as I would love to track it as it travels far and wide. If you become a member of BookCrossing as a result of finding this book please list me as your referring member on your profile page.

Journal Entry 2 by BeckyLizz at Westgate on Sea, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/28/2013 UTC) at Westgate on Sea, Kent United Kingdom

Whoooooooosh!! Off it goes to its next destination. Where will it end up?

Sent to foxy737 as a giveaway prize. Hope you enjoy the book!!

Journal Entry 3 by foxy737 at Westgate, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Arrived safely today thanks for this giveaway I've heard great things about this

Book write up......

Marriage can be a real killer.

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around.

Already have plans to turn this into a bookring so looks like it will travel a bit in the near future :)

Journal Entry 4 by foxy737 at Westgate, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Sending around the world on a bookring

PLEASE NOTE NEW SHIPPING ORDER

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn......http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/11940184
Running order for this one....
Blue_berry - UK (ship EU)
Bookworm-lady - Spain (ship anywhere)
Chremajora - Germany (ship order preference Germany,EU,Anywhere)
ReetPetite - UK (ship anywhere)
Edwardstreet - New Zealand (ship anywhere)
PJLBewdy - Australia (ship anywhere)
Billbooks - Australia (ship anywhere)
Raluk68 - Romania (ship EU)
Annimanni - Finland (ship EU) <----- Currently here
vedranaster - Croatia (ship EU)
Icila - France (ship anywhere)

Then back to me in the UK

Journal Entry 5 by foxy737 at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (6/12/2013 UTC) at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending off on way to first person for this bookring

Journal Entry 6 by Blue_berry at Croydon, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, June 14, 2013

Received in today's post, thank you! I can't wait to read this one - I have another book to read first though so it'll have to wait few weeks.

Journal Entry 7 by Blue_berry at Croydon, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, July 05, 2013

This was an astounding read and lived up to the hype! It was really hard to put down, the story kept twisting and the characters unravelling chapter by chapter.
I also enjoyed the setting and references to the current times, media, financial crash and so on.

Journal Entry 8 by Blue_berry at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, July 05, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/5/2013 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Sending off to Madrid to Bookworm-Lady who is next in this BR, enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, July 15, 2013

¡Muchas gracias, Blue-berry! :)
I have been looking forward to reading this one, as the Spanish translation has been launched here... and I really enjoyed "Sharp Objects".
Thanks for sharing, Foxy737, I will do my best not to keep it too long.

Journal Entry 10 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Currently reading it; sorry for the delay, it will soon continue its travel.

Journal Entry 11 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Chremajora has asked to be skipped; I will contact ReetPetite now.

Journal Entry 12 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, June 01, 2014

It took me some time to get into it... but I must admit it had me hooked until the very (and surprising) end.
It is very well written, and I like the technique of having both voices telling the same story from their different points of view.
Characters are credible, there seems to be quite a lot of research behind it.
Having said this, I enjoyed "Sharp Objects" better, and I found the end was a bit disappointing, and not really credible after everything the characters had gone through.
A real page-turner; sorry that I kept it so long, it will soon be on its way to ReetPetite.

Journal Entry 13 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, June 02, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (6/2/2014 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to ReetPetite, in UK, who is next in the list.
Sorry for the long delay... and enjoy!! :)

Journal Entry 14 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 06, 2014

Thanks Bookworm-lady. Arrived safely.

Journal Entry 15 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Thanks for this bookring foxy737.

I found I was hooked, first you hate one character then you hate the other.
I suppose they both got what they deserved in the end.

Have PMed Edwardstreet.

Journal Entry 16 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 07, 2014

Posted to Edwardstreet

Journal Entry 17 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

a wonderful letter box surprise thank you, will read asap and then ship to Australia.

Journal Entry 18 by wingEdwardstreetwing at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (10/5/2014 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

The movie of this book opened this weekend in Wellington New Zealand. While I enjoyed this I did not enjoy it enough to rush out to the movies.
I found the ending unsatisfactory.
Posting today to the next reader.

Journal Entry 19 by PJLBewdy at Stockton, New South Wales Australia on Monday, October 13, 2014

Received this book today - thanks for sending.
I will look forward to reading it soon

Journal Entry 20 by PJLBewdy at Stockton, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (11/25/2014 UTC) at Stockton, New South Wales Australia

Morally reprehensible characters, two narrators and a 'peek a boo' plot - makes for quite an interesting read. Maybe not a great book but certainly entertaining.

Off it goes to Finland on the next leg of its travels.

Journal Entry 21 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Gone Girl has arrived in Finland. Thank you!

Journal Entry 22 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 04, 2015

You know what, I wasn't quite as thrilled with this book as I hoped I would be. It's cleverly written, of course, but way too long - and too calculated as well. It's also pretty uneven – gripping at times, boring at others. So, for me, it didn't live up to the hype. Thanks for the ring, though! I'm glad I got to read it anyway to know what all the talk was about :)

I'll now contact the next reader to get their address.

Journal Entry 23 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 05, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/7/2015 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Vedranaster asked to be skipped so the book is now off to Icila in France. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 24 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thank you Annimanni, the book is here but the price you paid for economy rate is INCREDIBLE !
I'm very sorry.

Journal Entry 25 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, January 30, 2015

Just...brilliant !

Journal Entry 26 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thank you foxy for letting me keep the book, it w'll travel to Krissa33 as a surprise book.

Journal Entry 27 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/31/2015 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

A little trip toward the South.

Journal Entry 28 by wingKrissa33wing at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

The girl is gone to Bordeaux!
Thanks a lot Icila for this surprise book
I try to read it before Oxford ☺

Journal Entry 29 by wingKrissa33wing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/12/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Hello!

You are lucky, you find a free book!

Now you can go to the www.bookcrossing.com site to have a look at the book's history (it's free and anonymus), and than you can read it and release it again.

Hope to see you soon at www.bookcrossing.com

BC Convention, Oxford, 10th - 12th April 2015

Lisez et libérez sur BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 30 by wingindiegirl-dewing at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Wow, this book has travelled quite a bit.

However, it can take a little rest now, because it's going on my MTBR.