corner corner The Impossible Dead

The Impossible Dead
by Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingTaryawing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/16/2013

status (set by pippis): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Malcolm Fox is back... Fox and his team are investigating whether fellow cops covered up for Detective Paul Carter. Carter has been found guilty of misconduct, with his own uncle - also in the force - proving to be his nemesis. But what should be a simple job is soon complicated by a brutal murder and a weapon that should not even exist.

A trail of revelations leads Fox back to 1985, a year of desperate unrest when letter-bombs and poisonous spores were sent to government offices, and kidnappings and murders were plotted. But while the body count rises the clock starts ticking, and a dramatic turn of events sees Fox in mortal danger.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Ravintola Kaisaniemi in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/27/2013 UTC) at Ravintola Kaisaniemi in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'll take the book to Thursday's meet-up in Restaurant Kaisaniemi :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Picked up from the meet-up. I'm not sure I've ever read Rankin before.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

My first Rankin was such a pleasant experience that I'm sure it won't be the last. The storyline was engaging and grew on me, as did the character of Fox, although his kind is, of course, very familiar from other detective series.

This book is reserved for Pippis as part of the Finnish wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oh Ian, come to mama... Thank you so much for the book, Rankin's probably my favourite novelist when it comes to crime! Annimanni, it you like grey Edinburg, you simply must read or find Rebus tv series on DVD.