corner corner Runemarks

Runemarks
by Joanne Harris | Children's Books
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 5/11/2013

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Received from a paperbackswap.com member in Oregon to read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, June 17, 2016

This is unlike any Joanne Harris book I have read before. If you are looking for another "Chocolat" or "Five Quarters of the Orange," you may be disappointed. If you are looking for an action-packed adventure that submerses you in Norse mythology and the Underworld, you will feel like you have attained Asgard.

The more mythology I read, the easier it is for me to see it—and appreciate it—in books by Neil Gaiman, George R.R. Martin, and so many others.

I wonder if this story has been optioned by anyone yet—it would make a great movie.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Released 9 mos ago (6/21/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library shortly after 5:30 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.