corner corner Seventh Son (Alvin Maker)

Seventh Son (Alvin Maker)
by Orson Scott Card | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Soraidh of St. Louis, Missouri USA on 8/12/2004

status (set by Icesong927): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Soraidh from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Thursday, August 12, 2004

Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Come fall in love with a magical America that might have been..

Using the lore and folk magic of the men and women who helped settle a continent and beliefs of the tribes who were her before them, Orson Scott Card has created an alternate frontier America where folk magic works, and has colored the entire history of the colonies. It is into this world, amid the deep wood where the Red Man still holds sway, that a very special child is born...

Journal Entry 2 by yourotherleft from Danville, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 05, 2007

This came in the mail on Tuesday. Looking forward to reading it! Thanks for making a wish come true! =D

Journal Entry 3 by yourotherleft from Danville, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 27, 2007

This was a great start to what I hope will be an excellent series. It definitely left me wanting to know more about Alvin and his future as a creator. I love the alternate America that Card has created and the society of superstitious people that live in it. Card has created an alternate universe that is believable and a network of superstitions that are intriguing and play a huge role in the characters' every day lives. He uses this framework of superstition to formulate some interesting critiques of some self-righteous pillars of "organized" religion which is interesting - though it would be nice to see a "good" Christian character (yes, I think they can exist!) instead of all the raging absolutist sorts...

Journal Entry 4 by yourotherleft at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 24, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/24/2007 UTC) at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

A surprise wishlist RABCK! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Icesong927 from Elizabeth City, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thank you what a nice surprise. If you ever see something you would like on my avail shelf just let me know. :-)