corner corner The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next)

The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next)
by Jasper Fforde | Literature & Fiction
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 4/25/2013

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 25, 2013

This is the third year in a row I've been involved with World Book Night primarily because I think that giving away books, the joy of reading, is such a worthwhile endeavour. I really enjoyed this book and was lucky enough to hear the author give a talk about it. I don't think it's essential to have a working knowledge of Jane Eyre to get the most from it, but it would certainly help, so maybe it will inspire the finder to read not one but two books they wouldn't normally have picked up for themselves.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, April 26, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in fictinal Swindon and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series now. Thursday Next is a wonderfully vivid character and her adventures are almost unbelievable! Jane Eyre is one of my all time favourite books too (and no, I don't really know why). This book makes me want to re-read the old classic and check for plot changes or digressions just to make sure everything is still okay at Thornfield.

I passed this copy to a chap who came to the park at Stone Wharf to read a b ook and eat his lunch today. He carried all his wordly possessions with him so I assume he is without a bricks and mortar home but don't want to presume. I hope you enjoy the book whatever your living situation :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Paddington, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I found this an amusing read but it's not really my kind of book.