corner corner Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha

Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha
by Roddy Doyle | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Mountainwren of Bethesda, Maryland USA on 12/6/2003

status (set by Channosaurus): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Mountainwren from Bethesda, Maryland USA on Saturday, December 06, 2003

"Life as seen through the eyes of a ten-year-old Irish boy, Patrick Clarke, is a poignant voyage through a bewildering, ever-changing world of family, friends, dreams, and growing up. Winner of the Booker Prize."

Offered and claimed in a Book Relay. Will be making the short journey to Baltimore soon.

Journal Entry 2 by mmz18407 from Towson, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 04, 2004

I accepted this book to keep the booker prize relay going, but I read it when it was first published and loved it. My husband jokes that I don't mind reading about the poor and dysfunctional, as long as their not American, but that's not what this story is about at all (he thought it was, though). It's an exceptional book, and Paddy is a dear.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 26, 2004

Thanks mmz18407, I received this in the mail yesterday, but just got a chance to journal it this morning. I'm really looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, August 12, 2005

It took a little while to get used to the jumbled thought patterns of a 10-year old as portrayed by the author in this book. And I must say that I don't remember thinking in such a chaotic way when I was that age...:)

But, once I got accustomed to the rapidly shifting thoughts of little Paddy Clarke, it was captivating to follow his adventures into mishief and downright meanness.

All in all this was a very interesting and enjoyable book and I look forward to reading more by Roddy Doyle.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 07, 2005

Sending this off to my brother over the weekend.

Journal Entry 6 by Channosaurus from Los Angeles, California USA on Friday, January 26, 2007

To be read...