corner corner The Curse of Chalion

The Curse of Chalion
by Lois McMaster Bujold | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingLamillawing of Minsk, anywhere Belarus on 4/22/2013

status (set by mathgirl40): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing from Minsk, anywhere Belarus on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Paperback, like new.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (5/8/2013 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

sent to mathgirl40 for wishlist tag. Hope you'll enjoy the surprise.

Track: RR796731405BY

Journal Entry 3 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 24, 2013

What a great surprise to arrive in the mail! I've read several books in Bujold's Vorkosigan series and absolutely loved them. A friend of mine told me that this series is just as good, maybe even better. The book also came with a lovely postcard from Lamilla!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bujold is one of my favourite authors because of her wonderful Vorkosigan series. This is my first foray into her fantasy work, and The Curse of Chalion did not disappoint. This book has the same elements that make me love her space opera so much: a broad variety of well developed characters, excellent world-building and complex intrigue-filled plots. This novel seems to follow many of the conventions of high fantasy, so there is nothing ground-breaking about it. it is just simply a very enjoyable read with a likable and memorable main character.

Thanks again to Lamilla for sending the book my way!

Journal Entry 5 by sjt105 at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 05, 2016

A very enjoyable a read. I particularly liked the hero of this book - a quiet, unassuming and rather reluctant hero. I look forward the next installment.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Back in my hands now.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 15, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (5/15/2016 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

I passed this book along to a friend at a book club meeting.