corner corner Torchlight to Valhalla

Torchlight to Valhalla
by Gale Wilhelm | Gay & Lesbian
Registered by Mandali of Olympia, Washington USA on 12/5/2003

status (set by pjlareau): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Mandali from Olympia, Washington USA on Friday, December 05, 2003

First published in 1938 but still a compelling read. At about 100 pages it is more of a novella than a novel.

Journal Entry 2 by Mandali from Olympia, Washington USA on Thursday, December 11, 2003

I mailed this to Lisa-B during my lunch break today as part of CasualReader's BookRelay. Sent it surface mail so it will probably take forever!

Journal Entry 3 by Lisa-B on Monday, February 02, 2004

Thanks a lot! Another author I would not have known about without BookCrossing. I am very much looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by Lisa-B on Saturday, February 28, 2004

It reads in fact like a short story or a novella. Very condensed and atmospheric.

Journal Entry 5 by Lisa-B on Thursday, March 04, 2004

It's on its way to Kaija!

Journal Entry 6 by Kaija from Salina, Kansas USA on Saturday, March 06, 2004

Came in the mail today.... Can't wait to read.. I'll make sure to pass it on to someone else afterwards.. Thanks for sharing it!

Journal Entry 7 by Kaija from Salina, Kansas USA on Saturday, July 10, 2004

Hmm.. I'm not sure what I think of this really. It's an interesting story, but.. and this is a rather annoying "but", there's no "'s! Conversations are just written as normal, so, I kept having to reread parts, because I didn't notice until halfway through the sentence that someone was speaking... (and then didn't always know who it was!).. It was a little bit annoying.. I like the story itself, and the characters are interesting.. I also reread the last part several times..because I really don't know what it was supposed to mean! The whole, now I know why she would say Dear Royal.. *shrug*.. Why? Did I miss something?.. Was she being condescending? Was she pitiying him?.. I don't know where she was going with that. For its time I'm sure it could have been groundbreaking.. (although I still prefer Carol which I think was written in the 50's.. maybe.. can't remember for sure)

Journal Entry 8 by Kaija at controlled release in n/a, given to family member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (6/6/2006 UTC) at controlled release in n/a, given to family member -- Controlled Releases

Sent with a trade.. Enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by wingpjlareauwing from Little Canada, Minnesota USA on Monday, June 12, 2006

Received in a book trade. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by wingpjlareauwing at District 202 Youth Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Sunday, September 02, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (9/2/2007 UTC) at District 202 Youth Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA