corner corner THE WHALE RIDER

THE WHALE RIDER
by witi ihimaera | Other
Registered by Xarodoc of Nauheim, Hessen Germany on 4/15/2013

status (set by travelina): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Xarodoc from Nauheim, Hessen Germany on Monday, April 15, 2013

Once I got a voucher for a book store. This is one of the two books I chose.
Preparing for the bookcrossing convention 2013 in Gothenburg I noticed it on a whishlist by someone else.
Let's see if I can finish it before the convention ends.152 pages, large print, and a few hours at the airport should do the trick.

May 2013:
As you noticed, I made it in reading the book.
I've been laughing and crying while reading it - must have irritated some people on the plane.
Great read! Enjoyed it a lot!

Journal Entry 2 by wingzimortwing at Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Thank you for making my wishlist shorter. I had this on my wishlist for a good wail now. I look forward reading this. I'll take good care of it. Thank you.

Journal Entry 3 by wingzimortwing at Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway on Monday, April 29, 2013

What a great book. Loved it. Thank you again.

Eight-year-old Kahu craves her great-grandfather's love and attention. But he is focused on his duties as chief of the Maori in Whangara, New Zealand- a tribe that claims descent from the legendary "whale rider". In every generation since the whale rider, a male has inherited the title of chief. But now there is no male heir- there is only Kahu...

I have decided to make a ray. Here is the list of participants :
Haugtussa
Babelfisk
Nordpirat
Panzeranzi
Travelina

Journal Entry 4 by wingzimortwing at Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/4/2013 UTC) at Gjøvik, Oppland fylke Norway

This morning I went to the post office and mailed this book to Haugtussa.

Journal Entry 5 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The book arrived in Stavanger.
I do look forward to this one, as I am very familiar with the film. But I also do know that the book is very different. Even the protagonist has a different name! In the film she is called Paikea.
I will get around to this one soon.

Journal Entry 6 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Sunday, May 19, 2013

I devoured the book.
With the images from the film still in my mind I set out to read this, and I loved it as much as the film. Although I do actually think it is an advantage to have seen the film before reading the book. It was definately not a disadvantage.

I like the pace of the book, sometimes it feels like I'm reading prose, not fiction.

The book will move on later this week.

Journal Entry 7 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, May 25, 2013

The book will travel on today.

Journal Entry 8 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The book is now with me. Thanks, Haugtussa, for the nice greetingcard!

Journal Entry 9 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Wednesday, June 05, 2013

I never saw the film. I liked the book, though.

I will pass the book on to the next in line.

Journal Entry 10 by wingsota48wing at by hand, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/11/2013 UTC) at by hand, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

I'll bring the book to the BC meet-up tomorrow to pass it on to Askeladda.

Journal Entry 11 by wingAskeladdawing at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sota48 delivered the book on the BC meet up tonight. Thank you! Looking forward to read the book! Maybe I allready will read it on the train home tomorrow:)

Journal Entry 12 by wingAskeladdawing at Skien, Telemark fylke Norway on Saturday, June 15, 2013

A good story and a nice introduction to the maorie culture, myths and beliefs. Interesting to read of the maories closeness to the sea and the nature in general. I enjoyed the reading, Thank's for sharing the book:). It will be off to Sweden during the week.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAskeladdawing at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, June 24, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/25/2013 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

The book rides on to the next reader in the Book ring :)
Many happy readings!

Håper du vil like boka du har funnet!
Les den, skriv et lite bokslipp notat og la boka reise videre!

Journal Entry 14 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Friday, June 28, 2013

Looking forward to read! I have to serch for the film!

Thanks for sending it to me!

Journal Entry 15 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/14/2013 UTC) at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden

To the next reader!

Journal Entry 16 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Saturday, August 03, 2013

This was waiting for me when I made a quick stop home from my summerhouse. Thanks!

Journal Entry 17 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Lovely read. A fairytale that will stay in my mind for quite some time.

Journal Entry 18 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/13/2013 UTC) at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden

To babelfisk, who is next on the list

Journal Entry 19 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

And the book is with me now.

Journal Entry 20 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/31/2013 UTC) at Jönköping, Småland Sweden

Till BAMP!

Journal Entry 21 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thank you!

Journal Entry 22 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (8/31/2013 UTC) at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden

Till Nordpirat, Tack för en toppendag!

Journal Entry 23 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Got the book from fellow bookcrossers at our meeting on a sunny day in Linköping - a day filled with good food, good books and good friends. Thanks girls!

Journal Entry 24 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, September 09, 2013

An epic and magical fairy tale.
It's at the same time down to earth and divine. Both natural and supernatural, both real and unreal...
I really like the oneness-thought.

Journal Entry 25 by Nordpirat at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, September 16, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (9/16/2013 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden

Off to the next reader in the bookring.

Journal Entry 26 by Panzeranzi at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thank you! I'll read and send it to the next reader on the list as soon as possible.

Wow, what a moving story that holds a lot of themes. I really enjoyed it, thank you all for sharing.

I´ll send it travelina as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 27 by Panzeranzi at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Monday, September 30, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (9/30/2013 UTC) at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Skickar till Norge idag!

Journal Entry 28 by wingtravelinawing at Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Thank you! The book has arrived in Oslo, probably some days ago because I have been away. I have seen the film some years ago, and I am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 29 by wingtravelinawing at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, January 13, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/8/2014 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

This book will be released at the bookcrossing meetup at La Baguette in Oslo today.