corner corner The Honk and Holler Opening Soon

Read a book; share a book

The Honk and Holler Opening Soon
by Billie Letts | Literature & Fiction
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 3/27/2013

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh I'm glad I read this book. Basically it's a very old story. Run down town, broken down cafe, used up lives. And then something changes. What makes this book are the people in it: Caney, the withdrawn Vietnam Vet who hasn't left the cafe since he opened it 12 years before; Molly O, who tries to fix everything by bustling around fixing nothing; Vena who blows into town as she is running from her life; and Bui, who is just confused.

Set in a small town in Oklahoma, this is a winner. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (4/17/2013 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Gave to a friend.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!