corner corner Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters

Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters
by Suzanne Weyn | Horror
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 3/19/2013

status (set by babypooh): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, May 21, 2018

Amazon Editorial Review

A new generation is creating a monster....

When Doctor Victor Frankenstein died, he left behind a legacy of horror...as well as two unacknowledged, beautiful twin daughters. Now these girls are seventeen, and they've come to Frankenstein's castle to claim it as their inheritance.

Giselle and Ingrid are twins, but they couldn't be more different. Giselle is a glamorous social climber who plans on turning Frankenstein's castle into a center of high society. Ingrid, meanwhile, is quiet and studious, drawn to the mysterious notebooks her father left behind...and the experiments he went mad trying to perfect.

As Giselle prepares for lavish parties and Ingrid finds herself falling for the sullen, wounded naval officer next door, a sinister force begins to take hold in the castle. Nobody's safe as Frankenstein's legacy leads to a twisted, macabre journey of romance and horror.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, May 24, 2018

Seventeen year old twins Ingrid and Giselle find out that they are the daughters of Dr. Victor Frankenstein, and they've inherited his castle on a Scottish island. They waste no time in moving in.
Giselle is beautiful and popular and is eager to become the new Baroness Frankenstein, throw lavish parties, and entertain the high society of Europe. Ingrid cares more about scientific study than parties. She eagerly begins reading their father's journals.
A former army officer named Walter Hammersmith also lives on the island. He's suffering from a crippling nerve disease (later in the book, it's revealed that it's MS). Ingrid falls in love with him, and vows to use her father's knowledge to cure him and bring him back to full health. His presence with the disease is a distraction to the story line (in my opinion).

There have been several strange disappearances of local men on the island, and we start to wonder, is Frankenstein's original monster still lurking there? The disappearances eventually build a decent amount of suspense. There is only mild suggested gore (a scene of Ingrid dressing like a man so she can sneak into a medical school's anatomy lecture), and one scene of mild attempted sexual assault (Giselle's ex-boyfriend). However, neither scene is overly detailed, so the book is appropriate for PG-13 readers.

I felt the ending was rushed and brought to a close much too quickly. The author should have drawn out the suspense a bit more, and explained the final climax in more detail. As it is, I found it unfulfilled and a little bit confusing. Personally, I did not like the ending. I thought the author was going to write another book in the series which I would have liked.

The settings are spooky. The story is in diary form as the two girls alternate telling the story.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, May 24, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (5/24/2018 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! off to babypooh

Journal Entry 5 by babypooh at Alachua, Florida USA on Monday, May 28, 2018

Got this book from bookdlady331

Journal Entry 6 by babypooh at Alachua, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 22, 2018

This book made me want to read Frankenstien!