corner corner Down Under

Down Under
by Bill Bryson | Travel
Registered by elstaplador of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 3/16/2013

status (set by collin26): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by elstaplador from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dear reader, dear finder - thank you for coming here to see where this book has been so far. I hope you enjoy it! Do feel free to leave a journal entry below saying where you found this book, what you thought of it, and what you intend to do with it.

Journal Entry 2 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, March 17, 2013

I do like Bill Bryson - he has such a vivid anecdotal style, such a keen eye for detail, and such unerring taste for the interesting. This, an account of a number of trips to Australia, is no exception, and is making me go, simultaneously, 'plan trip! now!' and 'twelve-foot earthworms?'. Scrupulously honest about how much he's missing out, endearingly enthusiastic about the wildlife and plantlife, at times downright inspirational (usually on geology), quietly furious about the plight of the Aborigines - this is a very good book, and now I want to go to Australia.

Journal Entry 3 by elstaplador at Unexpected, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 01, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (4/1/2013 UTC) at Unexpected, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Sending to the winner of the sweepstake for 'the book and gift you didn't expect'. Hope this is suitably surprising! And that you enjoy it anyway :-D

Journal Entry 4 by winghakkalinawing at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Thursday, April 25, 2013

I was the decoy ........ :D
Thank you elstaplador!

Sorry for JE-ing in late, but I was away awhile, while this pack was waited me patiently in the post office.

Journal Entry 5 by winghakkalinawing at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/9/2013 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

It is time to go on in order to discover more. The book is travelling to its next reader as a Wishlist Rabck.

Journal Entry 6 by collin26 at Dasmarinas, Cavite Philippines on Monday, November 25, 2013

Arrived safely! Thanks for sending this to me hakkalina!