corner corner The Girl of His Dreams

The Girl of His Dreams
by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingBibl-Theophilwing of München, Bayern Germany on 2/27/2013

status (set by millycat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBibl-Theophilwing from München, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Commissario Brunetti series

A big box with crime books was left in front of our door - I assume they were meant for Bookcrossing, although there was no note. (Nobody asked for them, either).

Journal Entry 2 by noname-blue at München, Bayern Germany on Friday, March 08, 2013

For the Brunetti-collection.

Journal Entry 3 by noname-blue at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (5/17/2014 UTC) at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

Mailed today to Swiss. Let's see how long it takes...

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Arrived with a travelling companion safely in the Alps as part of the Brunetti spiral. Thanks so much for sending... it may be a bit before I can indulge in these as things are hopping work-wise just now.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Another book in the Brunetti spiral offered on bookcrossing. Although I always enjoy Leon's stories, and appreciate the opportunity to plunge back into the atmosphere of Venice, this struck me as rather unsatisfying. I expect this is probably fairly realistic - the neatly tied up case, delivered with a pretty bow at the end of the book is surely a rarety, but this felt almost frayed at the end, there were so many loose ends. Perhaps that's how Brunetti felt?
Thanks again for making these available. Where do they go next?

Journal Entry 6 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, July 14, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (7/14/2014 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

From the Swiss Alps to Brittany France... happy trails! Thank you for making these books available.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Thanks a lot penelopewanders ! I'll get my map of Venice again to follow Brunetti.

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Donna Leon deals with a serious universal issue here.

The book w'll travel as a current read RABCK. Excellent idea.

Journal Entry 9 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (12/17/2014 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to millycat in the UK as a current read RABCK.

Journal Entry 10 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Arrived while I was in hospital, so apologies for the delay in making a journal entry. Thanks so much for sharing, everyone who's had this book before and sent it on its way. It might have to sit on Mt TBR for a while, after reading , it will either be sent out as a RABCK or released at a local OBCZ

Journal Entry 11 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I really enjoyed this dark story about Brunetti, and will release it at a local OBCZ in the New Year. Thank you to all the previous journallers for sharing it.

Journal Entry 12 by millycat at Doctors Practice Waiting room in Denton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 25, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (1/25/2018 UTC) at Doctors Practice Waiting room in Denton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Left on book trolley in lobby.