corner corner Love Over Scotland

Love Over Scotland
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by asia_be_es of Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on 2/11/2013

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by asia_be_es from Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Monday, February 11, 2013

From the cover:
With his characteristic warmth, inventiveness and brilliant wit, Alexander McCall Smith gives us more of the gloriously entertaining comings and goings at 44 Scotland Street, the Edinburgh townhouse.

Six-year-old prodigy Bertie perseveres in his heroic struggle for truth and balanced good sense against his insufferable mother and her crony, the psychotherapist Dr Fairbairn, going as far as to make a short-lived bid for freedom on a trip to Paris with the Edinburgh youth orchestra. Domenica sets off on an anthropological odyssey with pirates in the Malacca Straits, while Pat attracts several handsome admirers, including a toothsome suitor named Wolf. And Big Lou, eternal source of coffee and good advice to her friends, has love, heartbreak and erstwhile boyfriend Eddie's misdemeanours on her own mind.

I bought it in a second-hand bookshop in Kielce (Poland). I didn't read any of 44 Scotland Street series, but i really liked it. Now I'm going to re-read it and release :)

Journal Entry 2 by asia_be_es at Legionowo, Mazowieckie Poland on Monday, June 17, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/17/2013 UTC) at Legionowo, Mazowieckie Poland

I'm sending this book by post to NowINkA. I hope she'll enjoy reading:)

Journal Entry 3 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Złapana! Na pewno przeczytam i znów uwolnię :) Wielkie dzięki.

Journal Entry 4 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Not a typical choice of mine but I enjoyed it greatly nonetheless. A warm and funny story of a group of people - residents of 44 Scotland Street, Edinburgh. I haven't read other books in the series but will definitely do if I get a chance (looking forward to seeing little Bertie gains some freedom from his controlling mother!). My only "but" concerns Domenica's part as I found it a little bit disappointing in the end (a pirate CD factory??? Oh, come on!). Still, highly recommended.

Now, the book will be released for the BookCrossing Games - event: Rowing /release a book registered by someone else/

Planning to release it at Reggaeland Festival (see the pic!)

Journal Entry 5 by NowINkA at Reggaeland Festival, Plaża nad Wisłą in Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Friday, July 12, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/13/2013 UTC) at Reggaeland Festival, Plaża nad Wisłą in Płock, Mazowieckie Poland

Planning to release it at Reggaeland Festival this weekend though it may be a bit difficult due to weather conditions. Will see how it goes...

ETA: Woo hoo! The book is there... somewhere... under the fake palm tree :D Shaggy rocks! d-_-b

Congratulations! If you read this, then you have probably found one of my released books. It is yours now and you can do with it as you please (keep it, read it or/and pass it on). Would be nice though if you left a journal entry here (either anonymously or as a new BC member - it's really up to you). Many thanks!

Gratulacje! Jeśli to czytasz, to znaczy, że prawdopodobnie znalazłeś/łaś jedną z uwolnionych przeze mnie książek. Teraz jest Twoja i możesz z nią zrobić, co zechcesz (zatrzymać, przeczytać lub/i podać dalej). Byłoby jednak miło, gdybyś zostawił/a wpis w powyższym dzienniku (anonimowo lub jako nowy członek portalu bookcrossing.com). Wielkie dzięki!

*****
ETA (on July the 21st): This book is also my entry for the Handball event in the BookCrossing Games held by Vekiki.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Monday, July 15, 2013

Złapana, przyjechała z Nami z Reegelandu do Bydgoszczy. Mój angielski jest słaby, ale postaram się ją szybko przeczytać i zostawić na Woodstocku.:))