corner corner A Woman of No Importance (Penguin Popular Classics)

A Woman of No Importance (Penguin Popular Classics)
by Oscar Wilde | Literature & Fiction
Registered by juettpbb of Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, November 27, 2003

status (set by Zoe1971): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by juettpbb from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, November 27, 2003

Vielleicht keines seiner bekannteren, aber ganz bestimmt eines seiner besten Stücke. Bei Interesse melden, sonst wird gnadenlos ausgewildert!

Journal Entry 2 by juettpbb from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, November 28, 2003

Geht per Post an Zoe1971

Journal Entry 3 by Zoe1971 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 01, 2003

Found this one in the mail today, thanks to juettpbb!

I don't know yet when I'll have the priviledge of reading it; it'll be my first Oscar-Wilde play...

Journal Entry 4 by Zoe1971 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Since I didn't find the time to read this little booklet by now, I decided to let it travel through Germany (as a mini-bookring!). I hope that by the time it returns to my place, I'll have more spare time and a smaller Mount TBR...

mini book ring members:
1. Schwertleite, Dortmund
2. hank-chinaski, Bielefeld
3. Lessien, Eichstätt
4. Leseschaf, Bonn
5. Zoe1971, Cologne

Journal Entry 5 by Zoe1971 at RABCK - Post - to a fellow bookcrosser in Köln, Germany -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 01, 2004

Release planned for Friday, July 02, 2004 at RABCK - Post - to a fellow bookcrosser in Köln, Germany Controlled Releases.

Das Buch macht sich auf die Reise zu Schwertleite!
Allen Leser/innen viel Spaß mit dem Buch, und dem Buch viel Vergnügen auf seiner Reise!

Journal Entry 6 by Schwertleite from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Well, I do love all books written by Oscar Wilde!
More than 100 Years after his death the stories have lost nothing of their actuality.
"Dear Mr. Schroeder is ruining the country. I wonder Mrs. Schroeder allows him."
Wonderful.

Journal Entry 7 by Schwertleite at Post office in to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 24, 2004

Released 9 yrs ago (9/22/2004 UTC) at Post office in to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases

On its way to hank chinaski

Journal Entry 8 by hank-chinaski from Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 25, 2004

Came with the mail today! Thanx to Schwertleite for passing it on.

Journal Entry 9 by hank-chinaski from Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 03, 2004

Let's be honest: I'm not too enthusiastic about this one. To start with, I found it difficult to get into the story. There are too many characters in it and in the beginning, I kept getting them mixed up. Although there are some funny dialogues (as you would expect from O.W.), the heroes appear to be pretty sad (given it's supposed to be a comedy), and in the end, everybody seems to be a loser, including Hester and Gerald. Under the circumstances, I doubt they'll be very happy with each other. Or is it meant to be a tragedy after all?

Well, at least Mrs. Allonby gives me hope for the future: "I delight in men over seventy. They always offer one the devotion of a lifetime. I think seventy an ideal age for a man."

Sent to Lessien by snailmail on Oct.11.

Journal Entry 10 by Lessien from München, Bayern Germany on Saturday, October 16, 2004

Hurra, die erste erfreuliche Postsendung, die mich in meiner neuen Wohnung erreicht!
Vielen Dank - werde mich sogleich ans Lesen machen!

9.12.04 -
"A woman of no importance" will certainly not replace "The Importance of being Earnest" as my favourite Wilde-play but it was fine, amusing read nevertheless.
Thanks juettpb for starting this ring!

Journal Entry 11 by Lessien at on Thursday, December 09, 2004

Released on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at about 10:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Mailed to a fellow Bookcrosser in n/a, n/a Controlled Releases.

...the journey continues...

Journal Entry 12 by wingLeseschafwing from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Arrived today. Now it has to wait a few days. I hope I can start with it next week.

Journal Entry 13 by wingLeseschafwing from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, December 25, 2004

Thanks for sharing the book. I enjoyed it really. Now it's waiting to return to Zoe1971

Journal Entry 14 by Zoe1971 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, February 11, 2005

The book arrived back home savely. I hope you enjoyed reading it!