corner corner Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes to Pemberley
by Baroness P. D. James | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 1/20/2013

status (set by Katweeble): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 02, 2013

The year is 1803, and Darcy and Elizabeth have been married for six years. There are now two handsome and healthy sons in the nursery, Elizabeth's beloved sister Jane and her husband Bingley live nearby and the orderly world of Pemberley seems unassailable.

But all this is threatened when, on the eve of the annual autumn ball, the guests are preparing to retire for the night when a chaise appears, rocking down the path from Pemberley's wild woodland. As it pulls up, Lydia Wickham - Elizabeth's younger, unreliable sister - stumbles out screaming that her husband has been murdered.....

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/27/2013 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released onto the buffet table at the BCUK Unconvention. If it's not picked up by a bookcrosser it will be released into the wild when we undertake our release walk......wherever you found it please let us know it's safe with you :o)

Journal Entry 3 by Megmac at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, September 30, 2013

Picked up from book table at Uncon.

Journal Entry 4 by Megmac at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (10/26/2013 UTC) at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Thoroughly enjoyed this. The Austen-style writing is perfect and all the characters we love are present. It's also a very good murder mystery.

Thanks for bringing this to Leeds :)

Bringing to Birmingham meetup today.

Journal Entry 5 by Katweeble at Wolverhampton, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, October 26, 2013

I have wanted to read this ever since it was published - although I don't know how long it will be before it gets to the top of mount TBR

Journal Entry 6 by Katweeble at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/23/2013 UTC) at Yorks Bakery Cafe - Newhall street in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taking it to the November Birmingham Bookcrossing meeting at the York Bakery Cafe where there is also an OBCZ

I picked it up at the last meeting then realised I already had a copy on amount TBR when I got home