corner corner Bumpology

Bumpology
by Linda Geddes | Parenting & Families
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 1/11/2013

status (set by inkognitoh): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 11, 2013

Raced out to buy this from Waterstones in my lunch break almost immediately I heard about it. Fact based essays on all of those questions women have when they are pregnant.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This book was being promoted/reviewed in the early stages of my own pregnancy and it immediately struck a chord with me. To have some if the many pregnancy myths, that were swirling around everything I read and everyone I spoke to, debunked (or confirmed) seemed wonderfully timely.

Geddes uses actual science to talk about all the things you worry about while carrying and raising children, in fact, the book began its gestation in the form of a regular blog for the New Scientist; something I didn't realise at the time.

I would recommend this book to anyone currently pregnant as well as their partners. The subjects are quirky and interesting and the writing immensely readable. It was a nice distraction to all the other information coming at you while pregnant.