corner corner The Marriage Plot: A Novel

The Marriage Plot: A Novel
by Jeffrey Eugenides | Literature & Fiction
Registered by spy-there of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 1/8/2013

status (set by spy-there): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by spy-there from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

found it unregistered in the Gloria shelf. Maybe I'll read it.

Journal Entry 2 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Since Eugenides exhausted the sex in Middlesex, there isn't much left for the Marriage Plot. The story revolves rather around the masturbation of the brain.
Eugenides presents his heroine Madeleine Hanna, a dutiful English major, with the description of her books on the shelf. A nice introduction, if only those books would be more interesting. Madeleine collects victorian novels - and is is a bore from the start.
(to be continued)

Journal Entry 3 by spy-there at Larnaka airport in Larnaka, Larnaca Cyprus on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/27/2013 UTC) at Larnaka airport in Larnaka, Larnaca Cyprus

This was the only Greece-related book I could find in a hurry - and my neighbour, who kindly agreed to release it, eventually let it at the Airport Larnaka at the arrivals.

The book shall go in for Long Jump. We vegans are humble, and we know how much carbon dioxide is blown into the atmosphere by long-haul flights to the other side of the earth. For holidays we stay within Europe - and naturally we duly compensate our flights by means of myclimate ;)
Thus our modest long jump is merely 2500 km.

Dear finder,

please write a brief entry, that you have found the book. You can do this anonymous, but it's much more fun for you if you create a Bookcrossing account. You will get then an notification every time when one of "your" books has been found by another reader. And it's still anonymous; Bookcrossing will never publish email addresses.

hope you'll enroll at Bookcrossing ;)
-spy