corner corner The Agency Spy in the House

The Agency Spy in the House
by Y.S. Lee | Teens
Registered by FraukeRo of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 12/3/2012

status (set by LemmiSchmoeker): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by FraukeRo from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, June 28, 2013

Thiefs, spies and mysteries in Victorian England. Even though the target group is quite obviously kids (maybe also teens), I found it nice to read as an adult, too :-D I doubt I'll follow the entire series, though...

Journal Entry 2 by FraukeRo at -- Irgendwo / Somewhere, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, August 23, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/23/2013 UTC) at -- Irgendwo / Somewhere, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Verschickt an Dugögche :)

Journal Entry 3 by dugoengche at Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

angekommen - vielen, herzlichen Dank

Journal Entry 4 by dugoengche at Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (11/20/2013 UTC) at Hilden, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

machgt sich per Post auf den Weg - geht als Tauschbuch nach Berlin - wünsche viel Spaß damit

Bekämpft Regalhaltung - Stoppt Lesebatterien
Lasst die Bücher frei

Journal Entry 5 by LemmiSchmoeker at Neukölln, Berlin Germany on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Es ist gestern angekommen – vielen Dank! Das Gegentauschbuch macht sich in den nächsten Tagen auf die Reise.

It's safely arrived, and I'm looking forward to reading it (whenever I will find the time to do so...). Many thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by LemmiSchmoeker at Neukölln, Berlin Germany on Monday, May 19, 2014

While the story and setting sounded quite interesting, the pulp writing style cannot really sustain it. This is combined with a strange reluctance to get too radically feminist, even though the characters display rather modern ideas of female indepence. Those modern elements fully define the characters, who don't have any other distinguishing features that I could find.

With all these problems, I didn't give the book much of a chance, and put it aside after only a few pages.