corner corner Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
by Amy Chua | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/30/2012

status (set by DubaiReader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 30, 2012

From the back:

"This is a story about a mother, two daughters, and two dogs. This was supposed to be a story of how Chinese parents are better at raising kids than Western ones. But instead, it's about a bitter clash of cultures, a fleeting taste of glory, and how I was humbled by a thirteen-year-old."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 30, 2013

I was expecting a disturbing read and was pleasantly surprised as it really wasn't. Chua's parenting principles (and life principles in general) are disturbing for sure, but luckily she has written the book with enough self-mockery to make it a light read instead. I feel very bad for her, though, for seemingly not being able to enjoy life at all.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 06, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/7/2013 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to DubaiReader as part of the wishlist tag game. Sorry for taking my time!

Journal Entry 4 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thanks for sending this Annimani, it's a book I've wanted to read for a while :)