corner corner Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (A Meg Langslow Mystery)

Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (A Meg Langslow Mystery)
by Donna Andrews | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/25/2012

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, November 25, 2012

I was happy to find this fair-condition paperback at the Used Book Superstore during their store-closing sale.

I discovered Andrews' "Meg Langslow" books via the hilarious We'll Always Have Parrots, and while the rest of the series doesn't have quite the same jolly cult-TV-fan-convention aspect as that book did, it's still a lot of fun.

This one's the fourth in the series, and another very enjoyable read - though perhaps part of my delight in it is that I worked in the software industry for a very long time, so all the inside humor about life in cubicle-land meant a lot to me! The main plot here: Meg's brother has become a surprise success as the head of a software company that produces a computer version of his "Lawyers from Hell" game - and is working on spinoffs like "Doctors from Hell" and others. He asks Meg to come work as the company receptionist for a while, and (of course) when one of the programmers winds up dead, Meg does her best to figure out who's responsible. Complications ensue, some involving the resident buzzard (yes, there's a live buzzard in residence - why do you ask?), some involving an illicit nude version of "Lawyers from Hell", and some involving the psychologists that share the building. It doesn't always make sense, but it's always a lot of fun!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Cambridge St. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Friday, December 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (12/7/2012 UTC) at Little Free Library, Cambridge St. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on Cambridge St. at about 11:30 or so; hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released for the D for December challenge, for "Donna". ***