corner corner The Christmas Books: A Christmas Carol / The Chimes / The Cricket on the Hearth

The Christmas Books: A Christmas Carol / The Chimes / The Cricket on the Hearth
by Charles Dickens | Literature & Fiction
Registered by redfox5 of Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on 11/11/2012

status (set by lady-liberty): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by redfox5 from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Brought for bookcrossing christmas.

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Oh dear. I gave up with this one. Usually I would struggle through but I just don't have the time. Although I skipped 'A Christmas Carol' I think it would be unfair to rate the book based on the last two books so have dug up my reveiw for a Christmas Carol to include here.

A Christmas Carol - 10/10
Thanks to the muppets this was like reading something I'd read before. I'm glad it was how I expected it to be. I find some of Dickens other books a tad boring, not this one! I love the story of A Christmas Carol. This is a book that could be read every Christmas time. I love this sentence "Oh! But he was a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone, Scrooge! a squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scraping, clutching, covetous old sinner!" That has to be read aloud. A heart warming Christmas treat :)

The Chimes - 1/10
This was so boring. I really tried, but I just kept putting myself off reading it. I even started writting a story about my sims instead of reading! Thats how bad it was. I had no idea what was going on. One second everyone is alive, the next they all seemed dead. There were some goblins???? This was about when I decided to give it up.

The Cricket On The Hearth - I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even start this one. I just wanted to get onto some good reading like Alison Penton Harper's House wife On Top. Yep I've given up Dickens to read chick-lit.

Maybe someone else will enjoy the last two stories, please let me know what you think of them but most reveiws I've read say just stick to 'A Christmas Carol'. And I think thats advice worth taking!

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at Uk Secret Santa, Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (11/27/2012 UTC) at Uk Secret Santa, Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Happy Christmas :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingVekikiwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankyou! I have only read one of the books in this compilation so I look forward to the other two :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingVekikiwing at New London Theatre Green Room in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 04, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/4/2013 UTC) at New London Theatre Green Room in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom

leaving this on our community libary bookshelf at work

Journal Entry 6 by wingVekikiwing at Brunel Museum in Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/26/2013 UTC) at Brunel Museum in Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking along to the OBCZ in the museum

If you found this book, welcome to Bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to keep the book, or pass it on once you've read it - it'd be great if you could let us know that you've got it, and what you plan to do with it (you can remain anonymous if you wish, or sign up for free and become a part of our lovely bookcrossing community). Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by Seepferdchen17 at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, July 27, 2013

I toke the book with me from our mini meet. It was very nice to got to Know you!Today it will fly with us to Leipzig, Germany, to come with me to the next meet.

Journal Entry 8 by Seepferdchen17 at OBCZ SeniorenLE in Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, January 27, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/28/2014 UTC) at OBCZ SeniorenLE in Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

Das Buch reist nun in meiner Box Nach Weihnachten ist vor Weihnachten zu SANYE und wird deshalb in der OBCZ Senioren-LE zur Abholung hinterlassen.

Journal Entry 9 by wingOBCZ-SeniorenLEwing at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/28/2014 UTC) at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

Das Buch wandert von hier mit der Weihnachts-Box "Nach Weihnachten ist vor Weihnachten" weiter zu SANIYE. Vielen Dank!

Journal Entry 10 by SANIYE at Coburg, Bayern Germany on Monday, February 10, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/11/2014 UTC) at Coburg, Bayern Germany

Lieber Finder!
Ich bin ein freies Buch, dass Du zum Lesen mitnehmen kannst.
Bitte mach, wenn Du kannst, einen Eintrag im Internet (oder lass es machen) unter
www.bookcrossing.com/.........! Wo jetzt die Punkte sind, da gehört die BCID-Nummer hin.
Schreib etwas darüber, wo Du das Buch gefunden hast, nur soviel, wie Du möchtest (es ist aber freiwillig, nicht Pflicht und anonym ohne Namen), damit der nächste Leser weiß, wo es schon war und ich weiß, wohin es reist, vielleicht nach Australien oder Afrika?
Das Buch reist mit der Weihnachtsbox weiter nach Bayern zu lady-liberty.

Journal Entry 11 by lady-liberty at Coburg, Bayern Germany on Sunday, March 02, 2014

As I visited his birthplace (in Portsmouth) and his house in London (which is a nice and cosy museum now) last year, I'm very much into Charles Dickens and his books now. On top of all I joined a wonderful guided "London Walk" last December about Dickens' Christmas and the relating places in London.

Of course I already know A Christmas Carol for ages. I learnt about The Chimes last year which was hart and very longlasting stuff, although I had the German version "Silvesterglocken". Finally I don't know anything about The Cricket on the Hearth, yet.