corner corner Electric City

Electric City
by Patricia Grace | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingkiwiinenglandwing of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on 11/11/2012

status (set by Boekentrol): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, May 16, 2013

These short stories offer a slice of life about New Zealand people. The skill of this writer means even a story lasting 1.5 pages conveys so much and does not leave you feeling short changed.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (6/9/2013 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

This book is flying around the world to the winner of the "books with authors from unusual countries" sweepstake.

Journal Entry 3 by wingtrikwing at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, June 15, 2013

This book from an "author from unusual countries" arrived safely today on the other side of the world - thanks a million!

07/2014
Finally I read this book which offers a small view to life of indigenous people in New Zealand. But short stories in general are just not my cup of tea ans most of the stories of this book neither. This might be due to the kind of old fashioned language and due to missing knowledge of New Zealand's history...

Journal Entry 4 by wingtrikwing at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/20/2014 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

A bit late but finally the travel starts: Off to the next winner of the "authors from unusal countries"-sweep. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Thank you, trik, for forwarding this little book in another round of the Authors from Unusual Countries Sweepstakes.
New Zealand is not entirely new to me, but when it comes to history or specific cultural knowlegde, I'm no ace either.

I look forward to reading this book and find out some more about the people that live there and their habits. I'll get back to you when I've finished it.