corner corner Stardust

Stardust
by Neil Gaiman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingLamillawing of Minsk, anywhere Belarus on 11/10/2012

status (set by -Kata-): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing from Minsk, anywhere Belarus on Saturday, November 10, 2012

paperback, like new.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Sunday, December 02, 2012

I got this copy from the fellow booklover at BookRiver (Russia). It took me about, I don't know, four years to finally read it and watch the movie version.
Well, they differ a lot. The book and the movie have very different air. The book is mature (sometimes questionable explicit) and has a peculiar ending. The language is also notable, not a page-turner by a long mile.
I release this book as a part of my Keep Them Moving challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, December 03, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (12/3/2012 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

Going to to Moriquen wia wishlist (Parallel thread) tag.
Track: RR909672666BY

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The book arrived yesterday, but due to Christmas and the family gatherings I didn't have time to journal it. Thank you very much for sending me this book. And yes, I am a big fan of Gaiman and his books. He has a way of conjuring a very peculiar atmosphere. I'll let you know what my favourite part of this book was, after I've read it. I haven't seen the movie yet, perhaps I will some day.
Thanks for sending this book halfway around the world! And Happy Christmas!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This was, again, a perfect little fairy tale by the master of strange fairy tales. It was fun, fast paced and I felt I would have happily read through 500 more pages of this story. I'm tempted to see the movie now, although I know it can never be as good as the book! Thnaks for sharing it with me Lamilla. I'll make sure the book keeps on travelling in one way or another!

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, September 19, 2013

This book is reserved for the winner of the International Acts of Kindness Sweepstake of September. I added a traditional gift of sugarbeans (litteral translation) to the package. In Flanders (the Northern, Dutch speaking part of Belgium) it is traditional to give sugarbeans when a child is born. And since my baby might just have been born by the time you receive this package, I thought it would be a nice extra. ;)
(Traditionally it was an almond nut covered in a chocolate sugary layer. These days people tend to give a full chocolate 'nut' with a sugary layer. The sugarbeans I have are about half the size of a normal sugarbean. They are called confetti's.)

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/26/2013 UTC) at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to the winner of the International Acts of Kindness Sweepstake of September. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 8 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, October 07, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful surprise! It will be a book on top of my list to be read soon!

I discovered this great author thanks to Lamilla! :) Here I have it again! I will be happy to dwell into his fantasy world this winter, again ;)

Journal Entry 9 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, November 28, 2013

I started to read this magical book. Gaiman imagines a world where something is forbidden, something is impossible and this world is so human! :)
It's hard for me to dwell into a fantasy because I'm so jaded by reality.. :P

Nevertheless, I consider Neil Gaiman to be a brilliant writer!

Thank you Moriquen for the book!

Journal Entry 10 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Sunday, January 26, 2014

I heard so much about Neil Gaiman, but never read one of his books.

Thank you so much, raluka! I take it as one of my birthday presents.

Summer 2014:

I don't read such genre too much, but that small one I liked reading it during our summer holidays.

Journal Entry 11 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/1/2015 UTC) at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany

Travelling with the S-bookring.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by -Kata- at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, March 05, 2015

I chose this one from the letter S bookring, thanks for offering it! :)